What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to be at the commercial kitchen today to supervise the packing of the ingredients for tomorrow's meals, so I brought in a dozen eggs and some potatoes. One of the employees is from Cuba and has lived in Spain. He made a delicious "tortilla" out of a dozen of the Girls' eggs, potatoes, and some onions. I could not convince him to add wild leeks/ramps or fresh shitake mushrooms. What surprised me is that he served it with mayo and hot sauce. I've never put mayo on an "omelet" before. It was very tasty and filling. While that was cooking, I squeezed a bunch of oranges, limes, tangerines, some red pepper juice I had strained from the processing of a whole bunch of sweet red peppers on Thursday night, grated ginger, and a lemon to make freshly squeezed citrus juice for the five of us. The guy across the hall who makes gluten-free bagels, etc., brought a bunch of different buns, etc. I didn't try them--but they sure smelled good. Instead, I had a side of steamed asparagus. I was stuffed. Given that we worked a 12-hour day, it was nice to start the day with a hearty breakfast.

Last edited:
Without even looking at a chemistry book I can tell you the difference between an alcohol, a fat and a sugar are inconsequential, just rearrangement of atoms, easy to change one into another.

I think you'd better crack open that chemistry book ;) Those differences are more important than you think.

This morning's breakfast was a tossed garden salad topped with two poached eggs and a side of spelt, half a dozen fresh strawberries. What did you have for breakfast?

This morning's breakfast was a tossed garden salad topped with two poached eggs and a side of spelt, half a dozen fresh strawberries. What did you have for breakfast?
As I was eating it, I added some homemade cottage cheese, haskap berries, some harissa EVOO, blueberry balsamic vinegar, chopped tomato, sunflower seeds. I am so full!

I lift weights, so my breakfasts tend to be protein heavy. I actually came on here to see what other people eat for breakfast to get ideas. My breakfasts alternate, and I'm getting pretty bored. Lunch is usually dinner leftovers and dinner tends to be vegetarian due to my husband being a vegetarian. In the summer, because of the BBQ, I tend to eat more meat at dinner. Anyone else train and have ideas?

I do these in the morning, because they're easy to do at 5am while I'm getting ready to leave the house for 6am.

Breakfast One
  • Two poached eggs
  • Smoked salmon with capers and red onion
  • Sauteed spinach
  • Cottage cheese with green onion

Breakfast Two
  • 2 baked eggs with nutritional yeast
  • Asparagus or green beans
  • Peameal bacon
  • Greek yogurt

Breakfast Three
  • Two baked eggs
  • Two sausages (not breakfast. Usually spicy Italian or a csabai)
  • Cottage cheese with green onion.

I have greens, eggs, and grains for breakfast. My breakfast is my largest meal of the day. Meals get lighter throughout the day. I just had a tossed salad with yogurt mixed with Chef's blend spice for the dressing, strawberries, haskap berries, and some grated parm. cheese.

Today's breakfast was 4 oz flat-iron steak topped with a poached egg, steamed Swiss Chard, warm Freekeh salad topped with some feta, haskap berries, and a zucchini fritter with homemade salsa (heated up) on the side. I'm so full.

I recently purchased a Greek Yogurt Maker and I've been having great fun making regular yogurt, Greek yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese and farmer's cheese. (It's all a matter of whey content and how long it drains.) Needless to say, I have fresh yogurt (often with fruit) most mornings.

2 SIL are visiting from 2 island over so this morning I made
blueberry pancakes. Had to use blueberry pie filling and strain
off the goo.
1 SIL is 67 and 1 is 56....1st time either one had pancakes and/or blueberries.
They love um.

2 SIL are visiting from 2 island over so this morning I made
blueberry pancakes. Had to use blueberry pie filling and strain
off the goo.
1 SIL is 67 and 1 is 56....1st time either one had pancakes and/or blueberries.
They love um.

That made me smile, Boracay. How nice that they were able to experience blueberry pancakes for the first time and loved them!

I treated myself to a breakfast from a nice place. Had what they call the "bread basket" (with a pot of tea) consisting of mini pain au chocolat, mini croissants, toast and assorted jams.

I lift weights, so my breakfasts tend to be protein heavy. I actually came on here to see what other people eat for breakfast to get ideas. My breakfasts alternate, and I'm getting pretty bored. Lunch is usually dinner leftovers and dinner tends to be vegetarian due to my husband being a vegetarian. In the summer, because of the BBQ, I tend to eat more meat at dinner. Anyone else train and have ideas?

I do these in the morning, because they're easy to do at 5am while I'm getting ready to leave the house for 6am.

Breakfast One
  • Two poached eggs
  • Sauteed spinach

Breakfast Two
  • Peameal bacon
  • Greek yogurt

Breakfast Three
  • Two baked eggs

Breakfast Four could be tomato sauce with pesto, sausage, or ground beef, with Adzuki Bean noodles (High in protien)

Breakfast Five - Lentil Soup spiced with cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Add chunks of venison, pork, or beef as you prefer.

Breakfast Six - Boiled, rolled barley with leftover chicken cubes, spiced with sage, thyme, salt, garlic, ginger, and black pepper.

Breakfast Seven - Ground pork or beef stuffed with minced spinach, pine nuts, basil, and Parmigiano Reggiano, served with a poached egg on top.

Just some ideas off the top of my head. Hope it helps, or at least inspires you with new ideas.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Spanish tortilla with asparagus, tomato, red onion, Swiss Chard, potato topped with smoked trout and homemade salsa. Got enough leftover for later.

Breakfast One
  • Two poached eggs
  • Sauteed spinach

Breakfast Two
  • Peameal bacon
  • Greek yogurt

Breakfast Three
  • Two baked eggs
Hopefully you've read through this thread and have gotten lots of ideas for breakfasts. Most of us who post here eat "outside the breakfast box."

Just sat down with a hot coup of coffee and an apple turnover.

My breakfst this morning was pitiful, but tasty - a slice of leverwurst, a spoonful of leftover potato salad, a glass of milk, a tsp. of strawberry freezer-jam. But I made a beef stew from raw ingredients in 20 minutes, for lunch today. I just got done eating, it and for such a quick stew, it turned out really good. If I'd eaten a proper breakfast, i wouldn't have had time to put together that stew.:)

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Well hi there, Princess! Nice to see you again. Hope everything is going well with the transition. :)

I could go for some of those doctored up breakfast burritos! This morning I had scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast with peach jam. We went to the farmers market yesterday and I bought 4 dozen farm fresh eggs from happy free range chickens. Oh my, are those eggs ever good. :ohmy::yum:

Spicy sausage,egg & cheese burritos........

img_1428083_0_0bac6ccdd1cf021d7649f8e196c7891c.jpg

img_1428083_1_51ef794452cc882ea34c537dfe924b70.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom