What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I brought back 10, yes TEN Portuguese Sausage from Hawaii this past May. For breakfast this morning I served one up with scrambled eggs, and steamed white rice with Aloha brand Shoyu and Furikake. A very typical breakfast in Hawaii. I plan on taking 2 of them when we go to visit with my Mother, DH is thinking otherwise ... :)

View attachment 23593

View attachment 23594

If I were a up-tight, hoity-toity, stuffy CHEF, I'd call this
Deconstructed Fried Rice, HA! :ROFLMAO:

I like your style.:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

:blush:
Mahalo Chief... HEH! I follow your blog and... do you not post anymore?

I haven't for a while, but will be blogging more recipes soon. DW is coming home for the first time since the end of July, next Wednesday. I replaced the stairs to the front porch today. I've got a bed set up in the downstairs room that was converted to a bedroom. I'll replace the rear steps on Monday. I only need to clean up two closets, and replace an electrical breaker in my breaker box to restore power to two jacks that aren't currently working. Almost done with home projects (more to be done next spring) for the season. I'll be able to get back to blogging, and working on my novels. Give me ideas on what you techniques or recipes you would like to see in the blog.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I haven't for a while, but will be blogging more recipes soon. DW is coming home for the first time since the end of July, next Wednesday. I replaced the stairs to the front porch today. I've got a bed set up in the downstairs room that was converted to a bedroom. I'll replace the rear steps on Monday. I only need to clean up two closets, and replace an electrical breaker in my breaker box to restore power to two jacks that aren't currently working. Almost done with home projects (more to be done next spring) for the season. I'll be able to get back to blogging, and working on my novels. Give me ideas on what you techniques or recipes you would like to see in the blog.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Just saw this post. That's what I love to read. A post full of only good news. So glad the wife is home and able to be with family at this time of the year. Happy Thanksgiving to all of your family. :angel:

I made myself an omelet this morning, with diced leftover Spam and sauteed red bell pepper and green onion and a sprinkle of Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. I also started the morning with a cocktail, to give me energy for the cooking to come :LOL: I'm supposed to drink Gatorade to prevent dehydration, so I added some Triple Sec to the lemon flavor. Not bad, not bad at all! ;)

I made myself an omelet this morning, with diced leftover Spam and sauteed red bell pepper and green onion and a sprinkle of Penzey's Fox Point seasoning. I also started the morning with a cocktail, to give me energy for the cooking to come :LOL: I'm supposed to drink Gatorade to prevent dehydration, so I added some Triple Sec to the lemon flavor. Not bad, not bad at all! ;)

Did you say SPAM? MMM
I are having hotel free breakfast, no cooking AT ALL for me today, for this,
I am thankful.

Bean soup! :yum:

I've been sort of snowed in and am starting to ration the eggs, only two left, so this morning was a big steaming bowl of bean soup!

Bean soup sounds good.

Is there anyone you could call to bring you groceries? You might try the Senior Center or a taxi service, they might have folks with the vehicles to help you out.

Bean soup sounds good.

Is there anyone you could call to bring you groceries? You might try the Senior Center or a taxi service, they might have folks with the vehicles to help you out.

I'm OK, thanks for your concern!

My vehicle has the original factory tires on it, I don't bother to buy snow tires because I can pretty much pick and choose when I go out. I will make a run tomorrow or Friday to restock the larder and hunker down for the next storm headed up the coast!

Spring is just around the corner! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Bean soup! :yum:

I've been sort of snowed in and am starting to ration the eggs, only two left, so this morning was a big steaming bowl of bean soup!

Nothing wrong with bean soup for breakfast. I have always said that the American breakfast is not the only right way to start the day off. Think of all the different ways in other parts of the world. Scandinavians often have fish or other seafood for breakfast. Asian countries will have rice along with other foods. So cereal or bacon and eggs never have to be the norm in this country. It can be anything you feel like having for breakfast. :angel:

"Everything" bagel with one of:

1.) lox, creamcheese, raw brown onion slices

2.) fried egg, bacon, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato

Failure mode:

Pancakes with bacon, fried egg, maple syrup. :)

Breakfast for me usually starts with cereal, which is followed by toast on which I have salad veg - usually tomato - on alternate days. On the other days I have boiled, poached or scrambled egg on the toast. It's all washed down with a cup of peppermint tea.

This became the normal breakfast for me when I went on the DASH Diet - Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension - after being diagnosed with high blood pressure.

Gillian

Leftovers from yesterday's buffet - home made savoury scones with creme fraiche, smoked salmon and dill..... (sighs) it's a hard life! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom