What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:ohmy: :yum: Looks fabulous, kgirl!

Today's mid-morning breakfast was two scrambled eggs with chives, bacon, and a slice of toasted rye bread. And a couple of strong cups of coffee.

Right Cheryl?!
We haven't had good, really donuts in some time... but here's the kicker: the day after we went to this wonderful bakery, they announced that they have SOLD IT!!!
ARGH!!
:shock:

If you want exceptional yeast-raised doughnuts, follow this recipe. I promise that they are as good as any doughnuts you will find anywhere, and better than most. - Idaho Spudnuts Doughnuts) Recipe - Food.com

This is the same as the recipe I use, and it makes spectacular yeast-raised doughnuts. Make some. You'll be convinced.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

If you want exceptional yeast-raised doughnuts, follow this recipe. I promise that they are as good as any doughnuts you will find anywhere, and better than most. - Idaho Spudnuts Doughnuts) Recipe - Food.com

This is the same as the recipe I use, and it makes spectacular yeast-raised doughnuts. Make some. You'll be convinced.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Absolutely, Spudnuts are the best donuts, ever.

Breakfast actually became lunch, and I had...

A Fried Peanut Butter & Jam Sandwich

A cup of Sunny-D

And a bottle of Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Coffee

Sunday Brunch out with friends:

006.JPG
[my plate]
Eggs Benedict made with Bacon, rather than Ham or Canadian Bacon, and Home Fries

007.jpg
[DH's plate]
French Toast special that included Two Eggs, Sausage patties and Home Fries

... and we always share :yum:

Chief, I don't know if you use their glaze recipe, but back when I used to make doughnuts, I used one like that and it always made the doughnuts mushy if they didn't all get eaten right away. Leftovers didn't happen often but once in a while. My dad who lived in a small town with this wonderful doughnut shop was talking to the shop's owner once, who was not really a friend but sort of?, that I had made him doughnuts the last time he visited me but that my glaze made the doughnuts mushy after a bit. The guy told him to tell me to try using light Karo syrup instead of water for the liquid, plus the vanilla and powdered sugar. I guess you could also make your own by boiling sugar and water to a syrup too.

Katie H, if you see this, I don't know if Red's is even still open or if you guys eat doughnuts, but they were always so good. I used to bug my parents to stop and get doughnut holes if we were on that side of town when I was a kid. And I always had to make a visit there at least once when we want back home to visit.

I am utterly boring when it comes to breakfast. 500ml tea, 100 ml yogurt and 1 sandwich.

How ever the rest of the family eats better, this morning it was oat porridge with apples and cinnamon and milk.

Nothing yet. It finally cooled down and I was able to catch upon my sleep - slept 11 hours straight and just got up an hour ago. I just can't sleep when it's hot.

So I may have brunch - a burrito.

two cups of coffee, no cream...getting used to that, no problem.

Now if I can stay away from the chicken fried steak breakfast at the diner. They do have a no-carb breakfast that's good.

Grits ala blueberry oatmeal

Four or five times a week I make either whole grain ground yellow corn grits or steel cut oats for breakfast. Either way, it's a double boiler with 1/4 cup grain, 1 cup water and other stuff depending on which of the two is up that day. I've done both thousands of times and it's an auto-pilot type of task.

Well, this morning I got off track after adding the corn and ended up with blueberry, brown sugar, and cinnamon grits. Doh!

It actually was pretty good. Not as good as oatmeal with same ingredients, but pretty darn good.

Because today is supposed to be very warm again before it finally drops down into the 60s and 70s, I am having supper for breakfast. I found a recipe using just butter and salt to make a chicken breast (although I plan to season it liberally) and I'm having that and the rest of the mashed potatoes.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go for the bacon and eggs.

Corned beef hash with eggs. Still experimenting trying to copycat Craig's favorite dish from a local diner. Used half of a half sour pickle this time with 2 large potatoes, a med onion, 3/4 of a red bell, and a 1/4 inch slab of corned beef. A little too much pickle, maybe only a 1/4 of one next time.

Traveling today. Must eat. Get sick if I don't. My favorite breakfast. Bowl of Harry meat soup.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Ate at Perkins...it wasn't bad.

When Mom was alive, and when we would travel together, her first question was always, "Is there a Perkins nearby?"

They have really nice omelets, and would cook Mom's bacon exactly how she liked it.

When Mom was alive, and when we would travel together, her first question was always, "Is there a Perkins nearby?"

They have really nice omelets, and would cook Mom's bacon exactly how she liked it.

The place we went to had the Senior meals on the same size plate as their full breakfast...looked sparse even though I couldn't eat all of it. Smaller plates would make it look much better. Food was good.

I'm headed to Mom and Dad's for a blackberry dessert.

Back
Top Bottom