What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It a smoked fish, warm smoked, really lovely. Yeah I dont spell my own town correctly, I think that is the Latin spelling.

Picked up a box of Post Shredded Wheat the other day. Open the box and removed two large biscuits to a bowl. Drizzled honey over the top, and poured the milk into the bowl. I had forgotten how much I enjoy shredded wheat. The Post brand didn't change the recipe at all when they purchased Shredded Wheat from Nabisco. It's still a great cereal.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We had plain old pancackes this morning. Went out for what ended up being brunch/lunch Friday and I had a BLT, Craig a Reuben. Went out yesterday too (a different diner) Craig had an omelette since it was actually breakfast time, but I had a grilled ham and cheese and freshly made potato chips. I always get a sandwich regardless of the time we go there because of the freshly made potato chips.

Yesterday was a "fridge raid" frittata of bacon, red bell, crimini, onion and chihuahua cheese. Had some small, white new potatoes that didn't get used in a meal. I boiled, drained and let them cool. Then I flattened them and fried them in the bacon fat.:yum:

we went to the Danish American Center for breakfast this morning. Aebelskivers (round pancake balls) , scrambled eggs, Danish sausage, kind of like a bratwurst, only heavily flavored with black pepper. OJ, coffee.

The hosts and servers were so welcoming. And yes, they were busy and had people waiting in line after we arrived.

The aebelskivers were surprisingly light, not heavy like pancakes, though the batter is quite similar. They bring you a plate of food to start and then pass unlimited platters for second helpings.

A sausage McMuffin on a home made English muffin with a sausage patty and Monteray Jack cheese.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 115
we went to the Danish American Center for breakfast this morning. Aebelskivers (round pancake balls) , scrambled eggs, Danish sausage, kind of like a bratwurst, only heavily flavored with black pepper. OJ, coffee.

The hosts and servers were so welcoming. And yes, they were busy and had people waiting in line after we arrived.

The aebelskivers were surprisingly light, not heavy like pancakes, though the batter is quite similar. They bring you a plate of food to start and then pass unlimited platters for second helpings.

Whose pancakes are heavy!;) And Medtran, just what is a plain old pancake. Don't think I've ever made a plain old pancake.:rolleyes:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Breakfast salad--romaine lettuce, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, walnuts, hemp hearts, goat cheese, kidney beans, yogurt-buttermilk dressing - homemade, and leftover chicken fingers - homemade. Topped with a poached egg. Wish I had some purple barley to toss in with it, next time.

Breakfast salad--romaine lettuce, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, walnuts, hemp hearts, goat cheese, kidney beans, yogurt-buttermilk dressing - homemade, and leftover chicken fingers - homemade. Topped with a poached egg. Wish I had some purple barley to toss in with it, next time.

Sounds like a good hearty, healthy breakfast. I would have all of those except for the walnuts. I haven't heard of purple barley - must look that one up.

For breakfast today I had a wheat biscuit with milk, poached egg on toast - the yoke was nice and runny - and a cup of peppermint tea.

Gillian

It's been eggs week since they were on sale.
This week so far I have had shaksuka, English breakfast, and today was an egg snadwich (in a hurry), yesterday was oats.

Two pieces of rye toast with margarine plus a hunk of chicken breast that somehow stuck to my fingers when I put the margarine back.

Two pieces of rye toast with margarine plus a hunk of chicken breast that somehow stuck to my fingers when I put the margarine back.

dragn, why margarine and not butter? I love warm toast and butter, maybe a cup of peppermint tea too? WAIT a minute, that's what I had this morning! Two pieces of whole wheat toast, butter, a scrambled egg and some shredded cheese, mmm :yum: a cuppa or two of peppermint tea

Back
Top Bottom