What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I've discovered Jalapeno SPAM. I made a quick skillet scramble (or maybe a SPAMble) for breakfast this morning.

img_1502407_0_9ddfe2c6a799781ff3b6fe761618a972.jpg

img_1502407_1_7b23c160799ad9528444ef55a5f1f1f5.jpg

:ohmy: ohmigawd, STEVE!!!
You guys know how I LOVE me my SPAM! But zowie! Man, Steve that looks like something I could eat every morning! Is that hot sauce strewn on top there? MMM I tried the Teriyaki Spam, ACK! It's mushy. What was the texture like compared to the lower sodium Spam?

HEH! It's Sunday Brunch tomorrow, whatcha guys gonna do?

We've not had that issue with the KA recipe. Yours do look good and would have gladly taken them off your hands.

Today was oatmeal for me. It's been awhile and it hit the spot.

I found recently that I BLEW that recipe so far out of the water, THAT'S why it wasn't any good. :yuk:
I weighed the flour, etc, but I wasn't using KA flour, so in turn, it was incorrect!
WAY too little flour in the batch... we'll try it again at a later time, and sorry, but the leftovers went to the landfill :LOL:

You guys know how I LOVE me my SPAM! But zowie! Man, Steve that looks like something I could eat every morning! Is that hot sauce strewn on top there? MMM I tried the Teriyaki Spam, ACK! It's mushy. What was the texture like compared to the lower sodium Spam?

HEH! It's Sunday Brunch tomorrow, whatcha guys gonna do?
I've had this flavor of Spam before and it's not mushy. Maybe that's because I always fry it till it's crispy ;)

I might make Spanish rice for brunch, with little dimples in it - two for eggs for me and two for cubed fried ham for DH. Put a lid on it and let cook till the eggs are done.

The first morning I had the jalapeno Spam, I just fried a slice to try. I wouldn't say it's mushy, but it has a softer texture than the original product.

Day two, I cubed and fried it (along with some sliced mushrooms) before stirring in the eggs. I browned it quite a bit more than I had the first day. It definitely helped. I really enjoyed the combination.

That's Cholula sauce on top. :yum:

Mmmm....I need to buy Spam! I haven't had it in several years, and keep forgetting there are so many new varieties to try! On the list. :)

This morning's breakfast was scrambled eggs with chopped chives, hash browns, and 2 sausage links. I too have eggs often, at least every other day or more. Love them any way, and never get tired of them.

Last edited:
001.JPG

Sunday Brunch
Leftover Strip Steak (funny how now that we're older that just shy of a pound of meat can feed us both twice ;)), Home Fries (made from the leftover roasted Potatoes), over medium eggs (over easy for moi), toast and diced Tomatoes, oh and some that new Ocean Spray flavored juice Pineapple-Cranberry, YUM!

Man, I have not had a really good breakfast in a long time -- home cooked or restaurant.

I love a big country breakfast, but I just don't seem to have time in the morning to make it. Right now, I'm choosing an extra 15 minutes in bead over a big, hearty breakfast.

Have any of you made Shakshouka, AKA tomato eggs? OMG, they are awesome. And, I could make a single serving of it. I just need to do it.

CD

I've had this flavor of Spam before and it's not mushy. Maybe that's because I always fry it till it's crispy ;)

I too fry my Spam very crisp, but for some reason, we are not really caring for the different flavored varieties. It's all textural for us. The original or the lower sodium Spam is working best for us. Geez, well you know that folks in Hawaii eat more Spam than any other State in the Union :LOL:

I too fry my Spam very crisp, but for some reason, we are not really caring for the different flavored varieties. It's all textural for us. The original or the lower sodium Spam is working best for us. Geez, well you know that folks in Hawaii eat more Spam than any other State in the Union [emoji38]
So you are the experts! I thought it was good, but, you know, different strokes for different folks! [emoji2]

I too fry my Spam very crisp, but for some reason, we are not really caring for the different flavored varieties. It's all textural for us. The original or the lower sodium Spam is working best for us. Geez, well you know that folks in Hawaii eat more Spam than any other State in the Union :LOL:

Hawaiians love SPAM. You guys do eat more of it than anyone else. I have to admit, I like SPAM, too. I rarely buy it, but I do get an occasional craving for it -- usually when I go camping. SPAM, scrambled eggs and an English muffin at 8 AM in the woods is one of life's simple pleasures. I always get the original, heart clogging version. I figure a good, long hike in the woods should offset the fat, calories and sodium.

CD

Low Sodium Spam for me also. I use my pointy cooking fork, stab it all over to allow the excessive juices to escape and cook it until their is a nice crispy crust on the outside. I buy about three cans a year.

001.JPG

I might be repeating myself, but for Sunday Brunch today we
had Taylor Ham or Pork Roll, thick-cut-fried-crisp, Home Fries made with leftover roasted Potatoes from the other night, basted Eggs and Toast.
DH was in heaven, to me Taylor Ham or Pork Roll is so close to Spam, I'm happy too :)

View attachment 26523

I might be repeating myself, but for Sunday Brunch today we
had Taylor Ham or Pork Roll, thick-cut-fried-crisp, Home Fries made with leftover roasted Potatoes from the other night, basted Eggs and Toast.
DH was in heaven, to me Taylor Ham or Pork Roll is so close to Spam, I'm happy too :)

Wonderful breakfast... :yum:

Spam became a staple for my family after the war.. I still get cravings for it..

I haven't seen Ham or Pork Roll here in Cali, that I can recall..

Wonderful breakfast... :yum:

Spam became a staple for my family after the war.. I still get cravings for it..

I haven't seen Ham or Pork Roll here in Cali, that I can recall..

I'd be willing to bet that you have a Sprouts not far from you.
Look in the cold case by the deli, with the Boar's Head products,
it's seems to me that they are the West Coast Distributors for
Taylor's Ham Pork Roll. Also, I saw in the deli case with the other cold cuts.
This HUGE thing that I'm guessing is for those folks who just
want a few slices.
I had enough leftover again to make sandwiches out of it.
006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG
[file photos]
I used "hard rolls" as DH calls them this go around. Last time I made Taylor's Ham, I used fresh bagels from this wonderful bakery we found in our new town.

Back
Top Bottom