What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On Sundays I do brunch. Today I will start with a strawbwerry, peach and pineapple salad with poppy seed dressing, followed by Huevos Rancheros Especiale with chorizo, salsa picante, and garnished with queso fresco, guacamole and Crema Mexicana. Sides will be Bush's Frijoles a la Mexicana and arroz amarillo Mexicano and the beverages will be bottomless mimosas and coffee.

Recipes available upon request

Just your address would suffice :yum:... (and maybe the airfare :rolleyes:)

DH had oral surgery a few days back and yesterday he found that he's now able to venture into more solid type foods.
So, per my husband's request Sunday Brunch was Waffles (no premade mix here ;) ) with some Turkey Sausage, real Maple Syrup and a small glass of juice... he asked for seconds :LOL:

waffles.jpg
[file photo, I think I made this batch back in January]

As we were finishing up our brunch, he turns to me and says:
Can we please have Hot Dogs and Potato Chips for lunch?
:ROFLMAO:
Of course you can!

Just put two pans of chocolate cake into the oven and I'm sitting down to a blueberry muffin and a second cup of coffee.

Sometimes I just feel like a doofus...

We did our after traveling shopping yesterday..

Last night I asked Jeannie if she would like a ham/egg/hashbrown/biscuit breakfast... She said that would be nice after 3 days of cereal..

ham..check
biscuits.. check
hash browns.. check
eggs... um.. for Petes sake Ross.. forgot to buy eggs... :wacko:

um... how about a nice bowl of cereal??

Ross

Sunday morning, a Fresh Strawberry Juice in blender, and a 2 egg French Omelette and an Espresso .. To drink, Sparkling Water with fresh lemon ..

Have a lovely day ..

Last edited:
Kind of a mixed bag this morning. Freshly-brewed coffee and tall glasses of orange juice. Then I made a skillet of sausage gravy. Didn't have any biscuits so toasted homemade bread substituted just fine. Cooked a hard-fried egg for Glenn and a runny one for me. He enjoyed the sausage gravy over his toast. I put my egg on a piece of toast for a mock poached egg and enjoyed sausage gravy on my other piece of toast.

We had plenty and left the table completely sated.

I warmed up a leftover za'atar-seasoned cooked beef patty and served it with tzatziki sauce and a chopped tomato. Yummy! I also had a few strawberries and few bites of leftover potato salad.

We had a "local style" brunch:

004.JPG
I finally found Portuguese Sweet Bread,
the round loaf style that I would get back home
at King's Bakery in Honolulu

005.JPG
I always keep a stash of Portuguese Sausage in the freezer

008.jpg
... as well as Coconut Syrup

009.JPG
You put it all together and you've got THE BEST
French Toast and sausage plate on Earth!!

Ya know Ross, living in Pacific Grove, you can find these ingredients much more readily than I can. ;)
I keep the bread in the deep freeze and break it out on special occasions.
Cut thick, it's a marvelous French Toast! :yum:

King's Hawaiian has been available for at least 30 years in our area. I remember getting it when I used to go to the grocery with my mother, and that was a really long time ago. She absolutely loved KH. Hopefully you won't have to hoard and freeze it from now on.

King's Hawaiian has been available for at least 30 years in our area. I remember getting it when I used to go to the grocery with my mother, and that was a really long time ago. She absolutely loved KH. Hopefully you won't have to hoard and freeze it from now on.

I can buy Sweet Bread at Walmart, but rarely do I find the original Round Loaf, the one that's in the tin foil pan. To me, that's home. So whenever I see that, I stash a few in the deep freeze.

Ya know Ross, living in Pacific Grove, you can find these ingredients much more readily than I can. ;)
I keep the bread in the deep freeze and break it out on special occasions.
Cut thick, it's a marvelous French Toast! :yum:

I'm pretty sure I can find it here... I've just never looked for it.. The sweet bread French Toast idea really intrigues me...

One of the joys of a food forum, such as this is that products or methods pop up that I had not considered before... :)

Ross

I'm pretty sure I can find it here... I've just never looked for it.. The sweet bread French Toast idea really intrigues me...

One of the joys of a food forum, such as this is that products or methods pop up that I had not considered before... [emoji2]

Ross
Sweet, eggy challah bread is a classic for French toast :yum:

Sweet, eggy challah bread is a classic for French toast :yum:

...hmm.. I never realized that before. Think I'll have to remember to get some for the next family breakfast.

Mom used to fry regular bread in the breakfast bacon fat - she called it French Toast. Man!!! how we used to fight over it!

It was years before I found out that "French Toast" was really made with eggs, etc. :LOL: When I confronted her she laughed and said I was the last to figure it out! Well, com'n, giimme a break, I was also the 4th of 5 kids. :angel:

I can buy Sweet Bread at Walmart, but rarely do I find the original Round Loaf, the one that's in the tin foil pan. To me, that's home. So whenever I see that, I stash a few in the deep freeze.

Weird, the round loaf was what was first available here. The rolls didn't come along until years later. If you pass by a Publix on your way home, you should be able to stock up.

Back
Top Bottom