What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
About 6 ounces of plain Greek yohgurt (I buy it by the kilo, so I just scoop from the tub) topped with about a dozen cut-up fresh cherries. :yum: Also had a thick slice of homemade Sally Lunn bread, toasted and buttered with the Kerrygold butter I use only on my homemade bread. That brick of Kerrygold lasts a long time!

Just a "basic" Sunday breakfast for us. We had fried local bacon, nice thick stuff, soft scrambled eggs, orange juice, toasted English muffins spread with some of the last of the lemon curd I made last week, and coffee. I'd forgotten how yummy lemon curd is when spread on warm English muffins.

... and a big pat of butter melted into the crannies first, then slather on the on the Lemon Curd, oh baby baby baby!! :yum: Now I think I need to make a fresh batch of curd!!

Thank you, GG, for explaining the concept of Nabs.

I just had another 1/2 package about 10 minutes ago when I took my morning meds. If I don't eat something when I take my pills, they make my stomach hurt.

Having roasted potatoes, onions, kielbasa, and an English cucumber for brunch after Mom gets up - probably about 10 or a little later.

Last week I got fresh eggs at the farm market, and have really been enjoying them. This is three eggs whisked together with a little cream, some garden chives, a pinch of truffle salt, and then stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, and a few gratings of havarti cheese. :yum:

img_1514297_0_3379abdcac844b4d65ac5c7a714011e7.jpg

Taylor's Ham Egg and Cheese Biscuits.jpg

Brunch for today,
Taylor Ham/Pork Roll sliced rather thick, fried crisp
Eggs
Swiss Cheese
Grands brand frozen Buttermilk Biscuits, hot from the oven
oh, and a small bowl of sliced Nectarine and a glass of juice (have you tried Ocean Spray's new flavor of bottled juice? Cran-Pineapple)
MMM!:yum:

We love fungi in our house, too, Snip! Sauteed, raw, in soups or stews. :yum:

I had some cantaloupe with cottage cheese earlier. I'll have a slice of toast (still milking the Sally Lunn bread...) with some iced mocha coffee latte (@ Chez Goddess No-Bucks) before heading back to work. Laundry and dusting are calling. :glare: But now- break time!

Looks great, Steve and kgirl!
---------------------------
Speaking of fungi :), I love them, too! Included them in my way bigger than usual breakfast this morning. Hit the spot. :yum:

img_1514332_0_0cf3eead36fc28856e72c87a36e6af75.jpg

Last edited:
OMG... after reading all these posts... guess what I'm going to have to have for breakfast tomorrow... plus I am now just looking up a bunch of recipes for Sally Lund bread...
think I will have to double the length of my walk tomorrow - hope it stays cooler! was 90 yesterday... duh... didn't walk! LOL

dragnlaw, don't bother looking. I found a recipe online that is almost identical to the one I've used from The Williamsburg Cookbook. We think the loaves I've baked taste just like the bread we have had from Williamsburg, and it is delicious.

Sally Lunn Bread Recipe

The differences:

Instead of 1/4 cup vegetable shortening per Add A Pinch, Williamsburg just states "shortening". I've used pure lard from the Amish bulk store since I can get it easily.

Add A Pinch calls for 1 package of active dry yeast. Williamsburg says 2 packages. I've used two - the texture of the bread is very nice.

My bundt pan has a dark finish, not shiny silver. I've set the oven at 325 degrees F and the bread turned out perfect.

Thanks CG... I get a little carried away looking at various recipes - trying to see the differences - trying to figure out "who" has it right...

you have saved me a lot of trouble! :rolleyes: :flowers:

We love fungi in our house, too, Snip! Sauteed, raw, in soups or stews. :yum:

I had some cantaloupe with cottage cheese earlier. I'll have a slice of toast (still milking the Sally Lunn bread...) with some iced mocha coffee latte (@ Chez Goddess No-Bucks) before heading back to work. Laundry and dusting are calling. :glare: But now- break time!

Mushrooms are the best. Got 4 packs for the price of one so breakfast and dinner will have mushroom in again today. I eat them raw as well! One packet for snacking on and one to cook with lol

OMG... after reading all these posts... guess what I'm going to have to have for breakfast tomorrow... plus I am now just looking up a bunch of recipes for Sally Lund bread...
think I will have to double the length of my walk tomorrow - hope it stays cooler! was 90 yesterday... duh... didn't walk! LOL

Wise decision!

dragnlaw, don't bother looking. I found a recipe online that is almost identical to the one I've used from The Williamsburg Cookbook. We think the loaves I've baked taste just like the bread we have had from Williamsburg, and it is delicious.

Sally Lunn Bread Recipe

The differences:

Instead of 1/4 cup vegetable shortening per Add A Pinch, Williamsburg just states "shortening". I've used pure lard from the Amish bulk store since I can get it easily.

Add A Pinch calls for 1 package of active dry yeast. Williamsburg says 2 packages. I've used two - the texture of the bread is very nice.

My bundt pan has a dark finish, not shiny silver. I've set the oven at 325 degrees F and the bread turned out perfect.

I buy yeast in bulk and needed to find out the measurement for one packet of yeast. 1 Packet = 2 1/4 tsp of yeast. So two packets would be 41/2 tsp.

.Just thought you would like to know.

Back
Top Bottom