What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Back to our weekday breakfast - maple sausage, cucumbers & tomatoes, roasted potatoes, coffee and Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt - Lemon Meringue flavor today.

I had half of an everything bagel with tzatziki and sliced cold chicken and a handful of grapes. Coffee with sugar and hazelnut creamer and a glass of G2 Gatorade (I get dehydrated easily). Starting to get hungry again...

Where do you find your whole milk Greek yogurt? All the Greek yogurt in the stores around here are either 2% or fat-free. :(
All of the stores by me sell whole milk Greek yogurt, too: Aldi, Market Basket, Trader Joe's, etc. Like PF said, search the labels. I've found they tend to be the cartons with the darker shade of blue, as opposed to powder blue, for some strange reason. :huh:

I made brunch today... an omelet with colors of the Mexican flag. Sunday is just about the only day where I have the time to play with my food. Plus it's cold and gloomy, so I'm not in any hurry to head outside.

It's stuffed with green chilies, queso fresco, chorizo , spinach, and mushrooms. The sauces are ghost pepper (red), salsa verde (green), and a homemade sour cream and onion sauce.

img_1515927_0_732881c6e139afa2ea6ed6eca558d4a1.jpg

Last edited:
I made brunch today... an omelet with colors of the Mexican flag. Sunday is just about the only day where I have the time to play with my food. Plus it's cold and gloomy, so I'm not in any hurry to head outside.

It's stuffed with green chilies, queso fresco, chorizo , spinach, and mushrooms. The sauces are ghost pepper (red), salsa verde (green), and a homemade sour cream and onion sauce.

img_1515949_0_732881c6e139afa2ea6ed6eca558d4a1.jpg

That looks delicious...

Ross

img_1515957_0_732881c6e139afa2ea6ed6eca558d4a1.jpg
Had to google "ghost peppers". Never seen them before. Googled "ghost pepper sauce" and see there are a number of commercially bottles products available, which I've never noticed before either. I'm guessing they are pretty hot. Anyway, I like the idea of putting a sour cream & onion sauce alongside a very hot sauce to cool things off a bit.
Also, I'm used to stuffed peppers battered with whipped egg whites. Wrapping them in an omelet instead is a pretty good idea.
Thanks for the post.

Had to google "ghost peppers". Never seen them before. Googled "ghost pepper sauce" and see there are a number of commercially bottles products available, which I've never noticed before either.
The ghost pepper sauce I use is this....
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mrs.-Renfro-s-Ghost-Pepper-Salsa-16-oz/27143908

Even though the label says "scary hot," it really isn't. It's got some good heat, though. For me, it's maybe a 7 out of 10 on the hotness scale. I like it for the flavor, which is very good.

img_1515984_0_732881c6e139afa2ea6ed6eca558d4a1.jpg
Wow, that looks and sounds amazing!

I got treated, breakfast out!

Breakfast at Lone Spur1.jpg

This was my plate a Cowboy Benedict, YUM!
A biscuit, topped with a nice thick slice of Smoked Ham,
a basted egg (who does basted anymore, I love that),
and Country Gravy-loaded with hunks of Breakfast Sausage,
oh and Hash browns :yum:

Breakfast at Lone Spur.jpg

DH's plate, Ham Steak & Eggs, also quite tasty!
Smoked Ham Steak, Scrambled Eggs, Country Potatoes and
a side of Rye Toast that hadn't quite made it to the table yet.

What a treat!

The ghost pepper sauce I use is this....
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mrs.-Renfro-s-Ghost-Pepper-Salsa-16-oz/27143908

Even though the label says "scary hot," it really isn't. It's got some good heat, though. For me, it's maybe a 7 out of 10 on the hotness scale. I like it for the flavor, which is very good.

I have not noticed this Salsa in Walmart before.
I'll need to see if I can pick one up for Mister Dear Friend, he LOVES hot, and I mean the hotter the better!

img_1516140_0_732881c6e139afa2ea6ed6eca558d4a1.jpg

Man, this picture's got me drooling and hungry - and I just ate lunch.

Mom had to get blood work this AM, so I had a cold breakfast before I got her up. Ribeye (leftover from Sunday), cucumbers, package of peanut butter nabs, yogurt, & coffee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom