What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to a really big farmer's market today and found several interesting things, but nothing really floated our boat for breakfast, so went to a close by diner. I had a chocolate croissant with bananas and strawberries on the side, and Craig had housemade corned beef hash with poached eggs. It's a bit far to go for just breakfast, but we'll definitely go back when we go the farmer's market

Went to a really big farmer's market today and found several interesting things, but nothing really floated our boat for breakfast, so went to a close by diner. I had a chocolate croissant with bananas and strawberries on the side, and Craig had housemade corned beef hash with poached eggs. It's a bit far to go for just breakfast, but we'll definitely go back when we go the farmer's market

It's 25 miles for us to get to a good breakfast, mediocre breakfast - 10 miles.

Didn't eat enough to maintain health yesterday so needed a big healthy breakfast. Made rice and eggs.
yXRVVHy.png

I finally got up early enough the other day to hit up Burger King and get some of those great French toast sticks. I used to get them all the time when I worked and then I'd have to share them with the raccoons at night when I came home. Raccoons love French toast anything.

This morning I'm going to finish up the hash brown casserole. It has another 20 minutes in the oven and that will be breakfast today.

Switched out raspberries for cherries for my breakfast yoghurt. Rasps are available most of the year, but the store had them on a very good sale. It will be back to cherries tomorrow. BTW, those are crushed sliced almonds on top. Gotta use of the pieces on the bottom!

Attachments

• 20170808_154738.jpg
    20170808_154738.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 84
I have watermelon instead of water when I come back from my walks or I'm really hot. I find it much more cooling. But what is with the salt on watermelon? It seems to me I've heard of it but don't know why or if there is an advantage?

Not unusual at all. I know one man who salts his grapefruit also. A lot of folks like salt on their fruit.

I have watermelon instead of water when I come back from my walks or I'm really hot. I find it much more cooling. But what is with the salt on watermelon? It seems to me I've heard of it but don't know why or if there is an advantage?

We always ate it that way when I was a kid. It just seems to taste better with a bit of salt.

Back
Top Bottom