What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover Chinese, I love leftover Chinese CG! Haven't had Chinese in, um, three years, dang it!

We had an early appointment today and we decided to go back to that great breakfast place we found.
They serve their entire menu anytime (they're open from 6:30am-2pm), so I've been dying to try their meatloaf to see if it's anything like mine (which is the only meatloaf DH will eat now).
YUM!
I had it cold on lightly toasted sourdough bread with fries for my side with a side of mayo for dipping ... can I tell you what a terrific breakfast that was?!
I'm not comfortable really yet taking photos in this uber tiny cowboy-ville joint yet. I mean I a snapped a pic of the hash last time we were there, but today, we were the only customers :stuart:

Leftover Chinese, I love leftover Chinese CG! Haven't had Chinese in, um, three years, dang it!

We had an early appointment today and we decided to go back to that great breakfast place we found.
They serve their entire menu anytime (they're open from 6:30am-2pm), so I've been dying to try their meatloaf to see if it's anything like mine (which is the only meatloaf DH will eat now).
YUM!
I had it cold on lightly toasted sourdough bread with fries for my side with a side of mayo for dipping ... can I tell you what a terrific breakfast that was?!
I'm not comfortable really yet taking photos in this uber tiny cowboy-ville joint yet. I mean I a snapped a pic of the hash last time we were there, but today, we were the only customers :stuart:

Would have been the perfect time to take a pic and if they were looking, tell them its so good you want to show your food forum friends...
That could put you at the top of their VIP list... Maybe complimentary goodies now and then.. ;) :)

Ross

Would have been the perfect time to take a pic and if they were looking, tell them its so good you want to show your food forum friends...
That could put you at the top of their VIP list... Maybe complimentary goodies now and then.. ;) :)

Ross

Ya'know Ross, I never thought of it that way before... that's a great idea! When I do take photographs of other's dishes, I always ask first, some chefs are picky about that.

Chefs are usually in the kitchen and not watching the diners in the places where I go ;)

You're right GG, that is the case most of the times, but you'd be surprised how many times when I've asked the waitstaff and been told, "No photos please."
Some of these chefs think that photos on social media, taken by amateurs, degrades their food. Somehow they feel that if their food hasn't been photographed in the right light, with the right lens and filters, styled just so, then others will think ill of their dish. :mellow::ermm::stuart:
tish-tosh!

I lost another pound. Now I am starting to get nervous. I honestly an not trying to lose anymore weight. So I have been trying to eat something, anything, for breakfast. I had one scrambled egg yesterday and again today for breakfast. And "for breakfast" I mean before 10 a.m. To me, after 10 a.m. is brunch.

I am making an honest effort to get my eating habits under control. Breakfast, lunch and a small dinner late at night. Around 8 p.m. Late enough to keep me from snacking.

You're right GG, that is the case most of the times, but you'd be surprised how many times when I've asked the waitstaff and been told, "No photos please."
Some of these chefs think that photos on social media, taken by amateurs, degrades their food. Somehow they feel that if their food hasn't been photographed in the right light, with the right lens and filters, styled just so, then others will think ill of their dish. :mellow::ermm::stuart:
tish-tosh!
Well, like Ross, I don't ask permission and I've never been told to stop. My experience has been that they enjoy the exposure.

Sunday Brunch At Home

Green Eggs And Ham (and Cheese on Trader Joe's British Muffins)

:yum:

001.JPG

002.JPG

I got a new toy ...

006.JPG
Non-stick silicone Egg Rings, YAY!

007.jpg
and Mrs Dear Friend has been trying the different
Litehouse freeze dried products, I thought I'd give this
one a whirl... it's every good.

After Chinese the last couple of breakfasts, I had a "normal" breakfast. Bob Evans breakfast links, I had one egg over easy while Himself had two soft scrambled, and Brownberry's "Health Nut" bread, toasted - one slice for me, two for him. Still have half a package of the Bob Evans links for later this week.

I drew mine out into a three-course meal while prepping veggies for tonight's supper. First, plain Greek yoghurt with fresh raspberries, then watermelon with Tajin, finally toasted Brownberry Health Nut bread with a second cup of tea. This is what happens when I can't "pick one". :wacko:

Hope I actually have room for supper! :LOL:

TATRAT... what on earth did you do for 50 min? I could NOT have waited that long. On the other hand, for once, I could possibly have gotten dressed and then probably done my chores before noon. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom