What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Over easy and over medium refers to the density of the cooked egg yolk.. I like mine over easy which means that the yolk is fluid when cut into.. Some like theirs over medium which simply means that the yolk is more solid.. Other like them over hard which means that the yolk is just about solid..

Ross

Just to expand on that a little, the "over" part means "flipped over." You take your basic fried egg, and flip it in the pan. How long you cook it after you flip it determines the second word. Over-easy (also over-light) is just cooked enough to put a "skin" on the yolk. The yolk stays nice and runny. Over-medium cooks the yolk partially, and over-hard cooks the yolk completely -- which, of course, ruins the egg (IMO).

CD

Last edited:
I love a good, hearty country breakfast, but most mornings it is a bagel, English muffin or something else toasted for breakfast.

When I do eat a big breakfast, I usually go out for it. But, I do cook breakfast for christmas morning for my family. I'm the only one who makes decent scrambled eggs (even when they do start as omelets).

CD

One morning, I wasn't paying close enough attention and wound up making over hard eggs :D ... ACK! Those went to the side and were transformed into Egg Salad for sandwiches later that day ;)

003.JPG

This Sunday's Brunch was BACON, Rye toast (no butter please), diced tomatoes (some were the last from my patio pot garden), Home Fries with sweet bell peppers and onion and a basted Egg done medium for DH and for myself, no tomatoes and basted-easy (runny yolks, even though they don't like me :rolleyes:)

We just love a good breakfast and to be honest, a lot of mornings we have a hearty brunch and no lunch or visa-versa, depending, we work that out the night before at dinner :LOL: we just like food :stuart:

Last edited:
Looks delish, kgirl! I never have 3 meals a day either. Brunch and dinner has worked for me for years. :ermm::LOL:

Andy, I couldn't view the milkstreet link without joining or signing in with my email addy....

It's a simple process. Whisk eggs with salt and pepper. Heat a pan with olive oil until it just begins to smoke. Pour the eggs into the center of the pan and use a spatula to constantly stir the eggs from the edge to the center for 60 -90 seconds and they're done.

Milk Street TV, Christopher Kimball's new venture after leaving ATK, did a segment on olive oil scrambled eggs. I've made them twice, including this morning, with equally excellent results. It's worth a try.

https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/fluffy-olive-oil-scrambled-eggs

Andy, I am disappointed in 'GBH. I don't think they are giving CK a fair chance of success with his new show. I have yet to see it on the TV schedule. Any idea when he is on the air?

What a lot of folks don't know is that Christopher is a classical trained cook. He is the one who started ATK on a shoestring. At the beginning he would go out and have the public taste test his recipes. Mainly at Fanuiel Hall where there are tourists from all over the country and even foreigners from other countries. If it wasn't for him, ATK and CC wouldn't even be on the air.

Andy, I am disappointed in 'GBH. I don't think they are giving CK a fair chance of success with his new show. I have yet to see it on the TV schedule. Any idea when he is on the air?

What a lot of folks don't know is that Christopher is a classical trained cook. He is the one who started ATK on a shoestring. At the beginning he would go out and have the public taste test his recipes. Mainly at Fanuiel Hall where there are tourists from all over the country and even foreigners from other countries. If it wasn't for him, ATK and CC wouldn't even be on the air.

When you say GBH are you referring to the criminal charge of Grievous Bodily Harm, or the English punk band? And CK; Calvin Klein?

What is with all the acronyms that aren't even acronyms? Spell it out so people know what you're talking about. Cleanliness, not laziness, is next to godliness!

That said, for Sunday brunch I made a Tortilla Española de Patatas, which I would never, ever call TEdP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Visited First Watch again today. Pork belly and Bob's Red Mill grits with 2 eggs and roasted red bell,ciabatta toast, and some lightly dressed salad greens. Iced coffee to drink.

This morning's Sunday Brunch will be mixed berries and cream, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, country hash browns, coffee, and mimosas

Pic didn't post.

Oh My GOSH!
:ohmy:
Our Good Egg down in S.AZ (now know as The First Watch) NEVER
had ANYTHING like that!
Oh my gravy all over my two scoops rice, I'd eat that everyday!!!!!

AHEM!

Okay, so this is what I made for Sunday Brunch today
(granted, I've not felt well all week long, so DH is STARVING over here :rolleyes:)

Bangers and Eggs.jpg

Bangers (that I get down in S.AZ not here in Cowboy-ville ;)), Soft Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes O'Brien, Whole Wheat toast and a bit of diced Tomatoes... almost a proper English Breakfast :chef:

Oh My GOSH!
:ohmy:
Our Good Egg down in S.AZ (now know as The First Watch) NEVER
had ANYTHING like that!

Oh my gravy all over my two scoops rice, I'd eat that everyday!!!!!

AHEM!

Okay, so this is what I made for Sunday Brunch today
(granted, I've not felt well all week long, so DH is STARVING over here :rolleyes:)

Bangers (that I get down in S.AZ not here in Cowboy-ville ;)), Soft Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes O'Brien, Whole Wheat toast and a bit of diced Tomatoes... almost a proper English Breakfast :chef:

It was a weekly special, not on the regular menu.

Feel better!

Your breakfast looks PDG too!

When you say GBH are you referring to the criminal charge of Grievous Bodily Harm, or the English punk band? And CK; Calvin Klein?

What is with all the acronyms that aren't even acronyms? Spell it out so people know what you're talking about. Cleanliness, not laziness, is next to godliness!

That said, for Sunday brunch I made a Tortilla Española de Patatas, which I would never, ever call TEdP!

They're not acronyms. They're initialisms. Get your understandbly harsh criticisms correct. :)

And that looks delicious. Umm TEdP? Ted pee, as an acronym?

Oh my....good looking breakfasts here lately! :yum: This morning I had French toast, a fried egg, and a sliced tomato.

Back
Top Bottom