What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JJ, it's the salt that's grabbing your taste buds...

I would so try to take a few minutes on your day off and make some meals-to-go for yourself when you need to fly out the door.
You need to stay health for Mark ...
+1, and the fat. Yogurt and fresh fruit make a delicious, healthy, quick breakfast.

Last edited:
View attachment 30948

View attachment 30949

Peppers and Eggs
I served a nice freshly baked Ciabatta along side
with diced Cantaloupe and juice

(HEH! Doesn't anybody else eat breakfast/brunch?)

I made a little bit too much Peppers & Eggs yesterday,
so this morning, I expanded on it ...

001.jpg

002.jpg

... add a little Taylor Ham and Swiss Cheese,
and it makes it even better on a roll :chef:

I have to have my coffee..... most days I'm just having a yogurt and some berries in it, but days we have to go out in the AM I'll have a fruit and veggie plate with either deli ham or diced chicken breast so that I'm not hungry while we're out.

(HEH! Doesn't anybody else eat breakfast/brunch?)

I usually have leftovers. When my exchange student and her family were here, though, I made German-style rolls for breakfast, and served them with cherry jam, honey from our hives, yogurt and fresh fruit.
0802181043a.jpg
I like having a Turkish-style breakfast - bread, cheese, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, an egg and olives. Now that we have a fridge that works properly, I can keep no-knead bread dough in it and make fresh rolls.

Last edited:
I have always made it a point to serve something a little more substantial and different for breakfast on Sunday. That came from working a weekly job and having to simply "throw" some breakfast in my mouth and head out the door.

I was inspired today to make an omelet using chopped Black Forest ham, chopped onions and cheddar cheese. The omelet turned out perfectly.

Along with the omelet I fried some potato slivers in bacon grease and also toasted and buttered some homemade bread. Orange juice and coffee completed our filling meal.

Don't think I'll have to eat until tonight.

Bacon, sausage, coffee and OJ from work...it's what was left after feeding the residents. Ended up going in for an admin duty.

I save my Bacon fat to fry stuff in :yum:

… and I'm with you Katie! We didn't even have breakfast most mornings while we were workin' joe's.
But I'm the same way, I make something "good" for Sunday Brunch as we call it here in the middle of the desert.

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

On this particular Sunday, I made something I rarely make …
Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Rolls with some Turkey Sausage cantaloupe,
juice, coffee and tea :yum:
There's one roll left for DH's snack later ;)

We are always on our own for breakfast unless it's Sunday. Then the SC makes his over the top Everything toasted bagels, lox and cream cheese dotted with capers adorned with slivered red onion and tomato. They are honestly a work of art and it wouldn't be Sunday without them. I'll take a picture when it's Sunday again.

This morning I made myself a breakfast burrito, with a flame toasted flour tortilla and stuffed with bacon, egg, onion and cheese.

The current issue of "Cooking Light" magazine had a bagel just as you described, Kayelle. It was the end result of their short tutorial on how to smoke your own salmon. Their photo was a work of tasty art.

Kay, I've seen your posts about those Sunday morning 'everything' bagels Steve makes, and have thought how delicious they sound! I'll need to make those one of these days and would love to see a pic for added inspiration... :yum:

I had a bowl of Wheat Chex this morning, a mango, and iced tea with lemon wedges.

Last night when DH and I got into bed, we started talking about different dishes that we really enjoyed while we were back in Hawaii.
Lap Cheong Fried Rice at the Side Street Inn came up, and I remembered that I brought back a package of Lap Cheong with us!
DSC00410.jpg

I did a WWW search for a copycat recipe and did find one, but it just didn't sound right. So what I did was pieced together my own version …

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

It came out pretty darn close, I'd say.
I omitted the Peas and Carrots, just not our favorite way to make Fried Rice, but since I have a serving leftover, I may just add that as well as an egg and call it LUNCH!! :LOL:

I really like lap chang (I've seen it spelled a lot of different ways). It's great in fried rice. Sadly, SO is not a fan.

I really like lap chang (I've seen it spelled a lot of different ways). It's great in fried rice. Sadly, SO is not a fan.

Andy, when started to post that Fried Rice, I spelled it Lup Cheong and when I looked for the Wiki to attach as a discription-it had lap cheong ...
There's also many different types of Chinese Sausages too. Many SO might like another sort? DH does not care for the ones with too much vinegar in it.
As I did more research on finding a real recipe from the Side Street Inn, I found that I probably cooked the sausage incorrectly too :LOL:
Next time I'll steam the whoel sausages, slice them and add then at the end with a bit of HONDASHI! That's what I found! Sounds crazy, but I'll bet that the dashi will make it, not much though I'm thinkin' ...

I do breakfast Italian style - strong Italian black coffee (Espresso coffee) and an Italian croissant. Sets me up for the day.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

In order to get protein into me, Pirate every morning makes one scrambled egg with a slice of real American Cheddar Cheese. I am not a breakfast person, but since he cooks it before I have a chance to tell him every day not to, I have to eat it. I have to admit, the egg is so fluffy and the cheese has melted right into it. After I eat it, I am always glad I didn't tell him not to.

I don't normally do brekky, reflux thing, yesterday I felt like something different. So fried s piece of bread and a fried egg on top. Drizzle of Worcester sauce. 10/10

Russ

Back
Top Bottom