What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sunday Brunch

IMG_3866.jpg

Scrambled eggs, Turkey Sausage Links, diced Tomatoes (for DH only), and Pillsbury frozen Buttermilk Biscuits.

I smothered my biscuit in soft Butter and local Honey :yum:
DH's was "Dry please, no butter" ;)

OH!
I forgot, a Cara Cara Orange (never had one before, meh) too with, Cran-Grape juice to wash it all down

Last edited:
Kind of a southern breakfast. Well...we are in the south

Today's breakfast fare included Belgian waffles with real maple surple (Compliments of Roger Miller's Dang Me.), butter, fried hog's jaw, orange juice and coffee as we like it. Glenn's is black and mine is "loaded"

Mahalo, thanks guys!
I didn't have any, as I had so many errands to run,
I just had a cup-o-coffee, grabbed a granola bar and went flying out the door...
DH really likes his Sunday Brunch... during the week mostly
we have a light breakfast ... yogurt fruit cereal, something like that,
but Sunday we reserve for a special treat.
Taylor's Ham is tops on DH's list!

I really enjoyed breakfast this morning. Soft scrambled egg topped with a little mozzarella and roasted grape tomatoes and onion, and my Dutch oven bread, lightly toasted, topped with a thin layer of cream cheese, avocado, and the last of my Italian tuna.

3371AFDD-2683-4C7D-A0C4-4ECC2FAD0A7F.jpg

Don't normally do brekky, reflux, but exception today, fried bread, sausage mushroom and eggs and bacon. Tomato juice. It was good.

Russ

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY!!!

Brunch today was most ONO :yum: (that's delicious in Hawaiian btw;))

Yesterday, a gorgeous box of Oranges, straight from Florida !!

I still had, amazing as it may seem,
some scratch-made Cornbread
leftover and some BACON that needed to be cooked off.
Add some soft BUTTER and local Honey and you've got
the makings for a scrumptious meal

We had a Dutch baby. I used a recipe from Bon Apetit for Apple Dutch Baby. But the only fruit I had in the house was a frozen mix of peaches, pineapples, and mangoes. I didn’t make the apple cider syrup in the recipe. Instead, I made a syrup with some of the fruit, some dark brown sugar, water, and a splash of ruby port. Oh, and cardamom instead of cinnamon. And I used ghee instead of butter.

I was so pleased! It came out of the oven all puffy and brown! The fruit combination was a bit odd, but not unpleasant at all. I’m looking forward to making it with cherries, strawberries, or blackberries next time.

No pics, sorry. I wanted to serve and eat while it was still hot and puffy!

View attachment 33384

For moi!
View attachment 33385
Leftover Prime Rib Hash from the other night
with an Over-Easy Egg on top
HEAVEN! I'm in heaven!

(DH had a bowl of cold cereal :ermm:) :LOL:

Oh, and those new Green Plates are small-ish,
they're salad plates, a trick of the stomach-less food,
but it doesn't look like it, does it
:cool:

Yummy :yum: and... I agree on the smaller plates.. They helped Jeannie and I cut back on meal intake.. :)

Ross

Back
Top Bottom