What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ate way to much greasy food last night & have been suffering from a "food hangover" all day. I have stayed away from that stuff for 4 months & it hit me pretty hard. No breakfast today, only chicken noodle soup about 8 pm.

from Scratch Buckwheat/wild blueberry pancakes with a couple slices of bacon. I do love whole wheat and buckwheat mixed together. These pancakes are so light, moist, and tender, yet carry such a great flavor. Add wild blueberries and some real maple syrup, or buckwheat honey and you find yourself singing that classic Sachmo tune; "What a Wonderful World.". I can hear Louie Armstrong's voice in my heat right now.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Recently it's been pretty bland, constantly oatmeal since that's what the docs say I should be having...

I need a good Monte Cristo recipe. The ones that I have tried turned into a terrible mess. I'm usually pretty good following recipes, too.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

MONTE CRISTO (serving size 1/2 sandwich)
Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 8 slices Texas Toast bread
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1 lb Sliced ham
  • 1 lb Sliced turkey
  • box of toothpicks

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk; stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth.

Lay out 4 slices of Texas Toast bread. Add ¼ of the ham, ¼ of the turkey, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and place slice of Texas Toast on top. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, corner to corner. Secure each sandwich half with several toothpicks.

Dip each sandwich half in batter to coat, allowing excess to run off before placing into the deep fryer. (I use a pair of teflon tongs to handle the sandwiches). DO NOT PLACE SANDWICH HALVES IN DEEP FRYER BASKET. THEY WILL STICK TO THE BASKET!

Deep fry for about 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Remove toothpicks, plate, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a huge dollop of strawberry preserves. Add a sliced strawberry or mixed berry salad if desired.

I made Bisquick drop biscuits last night, so breakfast this morning was sausage gravy on a hot buttered biscuit.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

MONTE CRISTO (serving size 1/2 sandwich)

Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 8 slices Texas Toast bread
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1 lb Sliced ham
  • 1 lb Sliced turkey
  • box of toothpicks
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk; stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth.

Lay out 4 slices of Texas Toast bread. Add ¼ of the ham, ¼ of the turkey, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and place slice of Texas Toast on top. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, corner to corner. Secure each sandwich half with several toothpicks.

Dip each sandwich half in batter to coat, allowing excess to run off before placing into the deep fryer. (I use a pair of teflon tongs to handle the sandwiches). DO NOT PLACE SANDWICH HALVES IN DEEP FRYER BASKET. THEY WILL STICK TO THE BASKET!

Deep fry for about 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Remove toothpicks, plate, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a huge dollop of strawberry preserves. Add a sliced strawberry or mixed berry salad if desired.

Sweet! And I'll bet you anything that I used the basket last time, when I was using an electric deep fryer.

Chobani pomegranite greek yogurt on top of a small pancake with a cup of coffee & 3 pieces of bacon.

I made a special breakfast this morning. Just because.

It was breakfast hash made of bulk pork sausage, potato cubes, red bell pepper, red onion, banana pepper, garlic, and mixed herbs, topped with shredded cheese and poached eggs. We accompanied that with orange juice and coffee. We're stuffed.

Sunday Brunch - grape juice; huevos rancheros featuring Mission ancient grains artisan tortillas, home made turkey chorizo, Bush's Black Bean Fiesta grillin' beans, basted eggs, shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheeses, Pace medium picante sauce, and garnished with Knudsen fat free sour cream; Mexican rice, mixed fruit salad, and, for a change of pace, a Bellini

Oatmeal with raisins & brown sugar, an english muffin with peanut butter & jelly & coffee.

Egg whites, 1 slice of fat free cheese, 2 pieces of bacon & 1 slice of homemade honey wheat bread with peanut butter & jelly. A 1/2 orange, 2 strawberries & a cup of coffee with french vanilla creamer.

yea boy, i could be happy having that for my breakfast every day for a month, couldn't everyone?!:)

Especially when it's finishing up really good leftovers. Nothing to clean but the plate and fork, plus the original casserole dish which is now free to make another casserole.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom