"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #2911
Certified Pretend Chef

From what I just read, clementines are derived from Mandarin oranges. Cuties are a brand name for clementines grown in California.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #2912
Chef Extraordinaire

Oat Clusters

Old 02-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #2913
Chef Extraordinaire

Frosted mini wheats mixed with fruit loops & half a lemon poppy seed muffin with a coffee with cream.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #2914
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I have gotten in the habit of planning breakfast. Because I eat eggs most of the time, eggs are not time consuming to make. I don't do bacon/sausage most of the time, so the "sides" are what I plan. I make the grains the night before, figure out what veggie I'm having, and I'm done. And egg salad sandwich would not take much time to make if one boiled the eggs on the weekend.
I'm still building up to being able to EAT a larger meal in the morning...the thought of food when I wake up is still horrible to me...An egg, toast, V-8 and coffee are pushing that food barrier. Weekends are easy, I can wait until I'm awake to eat...it's the before work food that is tough...
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #2915
Chef Extraordinaire

A lemon poppyseed muffin with a coffee/cream for me today.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #2916
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
A lemon poppyseed muffin with a coffee/cream for me today.
You know I have been following what you are eating. And it concerns me that you are not getting enough or even any protein in your breakfast. You need that protein. It keeps you from getting hungry early than you should be. And it will also make you feel full for a longer period of time. With the frosted mini wheats you are getting your fiber, and also your carbs. And that is good. But is there any way you could find the time to cook up even a few slices of bacon or a ham steak in the morning? Even leftover meat from the night before will do. I am still rooting for you though. I know you can do it.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #2917
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You know I have been following what you are eating. And it concerns me that you are not getting enough or even any protein in your breakfast. You need that protein. It keeps you from getting hungry early than you should be. And it will also make you feel full for a longer period of time. With the frosted mini wheats you are getting your fiber, and also your carbs. And that is good. But is there any way you could find the time to cook up even a few slices of bacon or a ham steak in the morning? Even leftover meat from the night before will do. I am still rooting for you though. I know you can do it.
It makes me feel really good that you are paying attention to me addie Protein has always been my biggest challenge, I am not overly fond of meat. Eating egg whites are ok, just sick of them. I've tried almost every protein drink & can hardly tolerate the taste, love the bars but so much sugar & fat, I appreciate having you in my corner.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #2918
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
It makes me feel really good that you are paying attention to me addie Protein has always been my biggest challenge, I am not overly fond of meat. Eating egg whites are ok, just sick of them. I've tried almost every protein drink & can hardly tolerate the taste, love the bars but so much sugar & fat, I appreciate having you in my corner.
Quinoa has a lot of protein, as does flax porridge. You do not have to get protein from meat, but you do need to combine lentils/beans with another source of protein to get a complete protein (if not eggs/meat, then whole grains). I am concerned about the white sugar in you diet.<g>
Old 02-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #2919
Chef Extraordinaire

Another breakfast of 2 poached eggs over a hash of sorts with a side of 10-grain cereal. The hash had chickpeas, spinach, sweet potatoes, zucchini, garlic, and lots of curry in it, topped with hot sauce....love hot sauce.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breakie 033.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	17131  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #2920
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am going on the hunt. I will try to find a food that is high in protein, fast to prepare and easy to eat. And hopefully it won't be meat. Who says you can't have brocolli for breakfst? Or anything that suits your fancy?

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt