What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
two cups of coffee. A cup of greens. Blenderized hibiscus tea and 2 slices of boneless watermelon. :)

Leftie Breakfast -

Leftie Steak, Leftie Spuds, and my last two Eggs, so, that makes THEM sorta 'Leftie' as well !

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_4437.jpg

I splurged yesterday and got a dozen Costco
Butter Croissants.
Sunday Brunch is toasted Croissants,
stuffed with Fried Eggs, Bacon and Swiss Cheese
:yum:

DH asked me, :How much could you sell this for?"

I thought about it for awhile (more like broke out my calculator)
and I figure it cost me $1.00USD to make... I'd sell it from
my Food Truck that lives only in my mind for $10
$$$

Since it's Sunday morning again.....we had our gourmet lox and bagels this morning.
It's always the best breakfast of the week thanks to the Souschef.

Kgirl, I wish Costco sold fewer than a dozen of those Croissants. Do you freeze them?

Last edited:
Since it's Sunday morning again.....we had our gourmet lox and bagels this morning.
It's always the best breakfast of the week thanks to the Souschef.

Kgirl, I wish Costco sold fewer than a dozen of those Croissants. Do you freeze them?

Kayelle, yes, I portion out 3 pastries to a freezer bag,
otherwise DH would eat the whole dang tray in a matter
of days!! :LOL: He really loves baked goods :)

Oh and btw, I hide them deep in the bottom of the freezer
so he can't find them. If something isn't right at his eye-level...
"HEH! Where's the xyz?! It not here, did you hide them again?"

Between the scrambled/omelets I been having from blown eggs, I've been having a lot of cereal. Grape Nuts (which for some reason we can't get here any more) or Shreddies, Shredded Wheat. With copious amounts of Blueberries and which ever other fruit I have on hand.

This will be either breakfast or often dinner.

Coffee, savory oatmeal and flax meal, mung beans and brown lentils, cooked chopped kale, each separate in one large bowl.

Unfortunately my breakfast is absolutely not healthy Sweet roll or muffin and cup of tea or coffee. But I really need to stop that. Diabetes are getting worse. Looking for something quick and easy. Open for suggestions.

Hi Charlie! Long time no see. If you like oatmeal, you can cook up a big batch at once, then portion out for daily breakfasts. You can add fresh fruit or a bit of honey and chopped nuts to the oatmeal, too. I'll cook up enough steel-cut oats for 4-6 breakfasts, then put into individual portions and refrigerate. Each day can be a new version. It takes about 45-50 minutes to cook the oats, but only a minute or 2 to heat. Whole grains bread makes good toast. Or a small bowl of plain yogurt with fresh fruit mixed in - so refreshing during the summer. Good luck with your diabetes fight.

With cherries in their prime right now, I've varied between two different menus. Some days I'll toast a slice of whole grain bread, spread a little ricotta cheese on top, and load it up with chopped cherries. I've also been pitting and halving about a dozen at a time to add to a half-cup or so of Greek yogurt. I'll miss the cherries when they're gone...

Hey, Charlie. One of my favorite breakfasts is what I had in Turkey: a fried or scrambled egg, a piece of bread, a piece of cheese, a few slices of cucumber and tomato, and a few olives.

Yogurt with fruit is a good idea. I recently came across a dessert recipe for berry frozen yogurt that would make a great breakfast: 3 cups frozen mixed berries whizzed in the food processor with a cup of plain yogurt and a little sweetener if desired (I used honey). Freeze.

There are also a lot of recipes out there for overnight oats. Here's one: https://cookieandkate.com/overnight-oats-recipe/

Unfortunately my breakfast is absolutely not healthy Sweet roll or muffin and cup of tea or coffee. But I really need to stop that. Diabetes are getting worse. Looking for something quick and easy. Open for suggestions.

Aloha, HI Charlie, ditto, long time no see!!

Suggestion for Quick `N Easy Breakfast:

Hard cook a coupla Eggs, let them cool, package up in the `fridge for later.

Avocado Whole Wheat-Artisanal
(with no preservatives, like from a nice bakery
or better yet, homemade ;))
Toast and spike it with your favorite spice blend.
White Bread is a no-no!

High Fiber Cold Cereal, such as FiberOne with Nut Milk (you're not suppose to have dairy :)) and some fresh fruit.

Plain Non-fat yogurt with fresh fruits on the side is okay now and again, but look at the labels first for the sugar, right. I also add some Whole Grain/Low Fat Granola to ours as well :yum:

*Watch your carb intake, but then you know all this already and the types of grab`n go foods too.

No disrespect to other suggestions.
Fat/oil cause insulin resistance, remove it completely from your diet.
(scientific evidence: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/)
(scientific evidence: there are 81 videos specific to diabetes)

I suggest overnight oats made with water.
Add 1/2 cup blueberries or some raisins to counteract the free radicals by adding antioxidants.
Two pieces of whole grained whole wheat toast made with just whole wheat, yeast, and water.
Spread the toast with 1/4 cup of chickpea hummus made without tahini or nuts or any oils, use just garlic and lemon juice for flavor. This will blunt the effect of a blood glucose spike in this meal, and for lunch. (get 1/2 cup of lentils or beans at each meal, or 1 and 1/2 cups per day)
Have your cup of tea, no sugar or sweetener.

This is what my husband has for every breakfast, overnight oats made with water and 1/2 cup blueberries, he adds 1-2 T ground flax meal to the oats.

This morning I had oatmeal w/flax meal made with water, eaten savory with bragg's aminos, lentils and mung beans. I had coffee (drip type) but tea is better.

I make a whole grain whole wheat bread with just water and yeast. I make it in bun shapes, because DH and I both love crust. I freeze these and take two out to thaw at a time. I keep hummus in the fridge and freezer so it is always available. We make overnight oats once a week, in mason jars, made with water and flax.

I live my life to enjoy my relationships, and to enjoy my gardens.

I was prediabetic and turned it around. You can choose to reverse the diabetes or just treat the high blood sugars. https://nutritionfacts.org/video/reversing-diabetes-with-food/

Charlie, you asked. That is what I think about it. Good luck, and I know it isn't easy to change habits.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom