What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, that first video didn't list any references, so I won't waste my time on other videos from that site. I have seen better supported videos that say pretty much the opposite.

Unfortunately my breakfast is absolutely not healthy Sweet roll or muffin and cup of tea or coffee. But I really need to stop that. Diabetes are getting worse. Looking for something quick and easy. Open for suggestions.

Scrambled eggs are quick and easy. My lunch today would make a breakfast fitting your bill. The pork was already ~¼" dice so cooking and cleanup combined were less than 5 minutes.
  • 491 calories
  • 50 grams of protein
  • 5 grams of carbs
  • 28 grams of fat
Pork and Sage Scrambled Eggs.JPG
Sage was actually about 4 large fresh leaves.

If fasting glucose is under 130 in the morning might have grits or oat/buckwheat porridge for breakfast. It isn't quick but using a double boiler its 30 minutes unattended cooking time.

A favorite is a toasted cheese, fried egg, and breakfast meat on a halved single slice of wide pan whole wheat.

Well, that first video didn't list any references, so I won't waste my time on other videos from that site. I have seen better supported videos that say pretty much the opposite.

I'm surprised you missed the references cited.

No disrespect to other suggestions.
Fat/oil cause insulin resistance, remove it completely from your diet.
(scientific evidence: https://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-causes-insulin-resistance/)
(scientific evidence: there are 81 videos specific to diabetes)

Fat is required for a healthy diet. Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble - they will not dissolve and be absorbed by the body in the absence of some type of fat. I have personal experience with deficiencies in Vitamins D and K, so please stop telling people they need to do what you do.

We make overnight oats once a week, in mason jars, made with water and flax.

You know flax seed contains oil, right?

Last edited:
Breakfast Sandwich with Mushrooms

Glucose was 131 this morning so skipped the grits or porridge. Instead had a breakfast sandwich (pork loin, cheddar, and fried egg) with a side of mushrooms. A few fresh parsley leaves supply flavor and 40% of the RDA of vitamin k.
  • 485 calories
  • 39 grams protein
  • 20 grams net carbs
  • 25 grams fat
Breakfast Sandwich Mushroom Side.jpg
Breakfast Sandwich Mushroom Side Ingredients.JPG

Banana bread, (bananas whole wheat flour flax meal maple syrup unsweetened pear butter vanilla baking soda) and coffee.

Oops, Wrong Ingredients. That was the Oats and Buckwheat with Banana Porridge.
This is the Breakfast Sandwich and Mushrooms. Sorry for the confusion.
Breakfast Sandwich Mushroom Side Ingredients.jpg

Kim's Diner Chino Valley AZ.jpg

Kim's Diner Chino Valley AZ 1.jpg

Kim's Diner Chino Valley AZ 2.jpg

DH and I met Mister Dear Friend for breakfast over in his town,
about 45 minutes from ours... if was wonderful!
That was a real treat for me, usually DH goes by himself,
but seeing as he can't drive yet :rolleyes: I got to tag along :LOL:

I had the Senior's Breakfast - 1 egg, 2 strips of Bacon (or link or patties),
1/2 order of Taters, Toast and Coffee.

DH had the Belgian Waffle Breakfast and he had the Links.
I LOVE that brand of commercially sold only Breakfast Links!
I think they're Jimmy Dean as I recall from a different diner we'd
go to in Tucson. :yum:
And can you see? He FINALLY can sorta/a little bit use a fork&knife again!

Glad to see the Mister K is regaining use of his knife and fork, kgirl!

This morning's breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with a drizzle of maple syrup. Sliced mango and apple on the side.

Thank you everybody who responded. I’m here. I have not disappeared. Mostly reading. Not much to post. Life been a bit crazy. I live st 6:15 and come home at 10 or even latter for the last 3 month. Will have try and start using all the advices for breakfast food. Thank you.

Hi Charlie, man, those are long hours!
Pick the suggestions that best suit you and think about the ones that you can prepare in advance. That way you can grab and run and not fall back into the bad ones.. :LOL:

Breakfast took a bit longer to prepare this morning.First had to trace/etch the lines. Carve thru to the membrane, if you hit the egg it makes a mess of your magnifying light :rolleyes:. Poach and eat - I accidently grabbed some cilantro from the fridge instead of parsley :ermm: but it was OK! :LOL:

Poached eggs on Potato patties.

Attachments

• 20190718_080053.jpg
    20190718_080053.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190718_081012.jpg
    20190718_081012.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 74
  • 20190718_081019.jpg
    20190718_081019.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190718_081833.jpg
    20190718_081833.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20190718_082843.jpg
    20190718_082843.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20190718_085447.jpg
    20190718_085447.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190718_085455.jpg
    20190718_085455.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 73
  • 20190718_090136.jpg
    20190718_090136.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 79
Kellogg's "All Bran" with fruit and cold (semi-skimmed) milk for breakfast this morning - I think All Bran's addictive - I sometimes nibble a few "sticks" of it dry when it takes my fancy (I don't like chocolate) and I use it in a cake recipe too.

OK so I'm weird!

Back
Top Bottom