What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning we had a good breakfast of cheese, sausage and an egg.. All stacked on a crispy muffin.. Also has hash browns.. :ermm::LOL:

Then we got back in the car and went to Aldi to grocery shop.. ;)

Ross

Stumbled upon Poffertjes. Had some today :)
Butter brushed and powdered sugar
Fillings: red raspberry jam, Nutella.
Today I brushed my creme puff filling on top also. Yummy!

View attachment 35900View attachment 35901View attachment 35902

Pics didn’t come out right. Let’s try again :)

IMG_1148.jpgIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1356.jpg

Way to go GG! better still, WAY TO GO to GG's DH! But don't go having more operations just so that he'll cook again. LOL
Looks pretty darn good there, GG! How sweet of the Mister to make you something that he knows you love, while you're recovering. :wub:
He is a sweetheart :wub: Yesterday morning he asked me what I wanted for breakfast. I said, how about some scrambled eggs? He said, what, after I've been studying all morning (watching YouTube videos) to figure out what I did wrong? So he made them again today :wub: :wub: :wub: He seems to have taken this on as a project - he knew there were a few problems the first time and he wanted to fix them [emoji813]

After I ate them, he asked if there was anything he could do to make them even better. I said, it would be great to have some breakfast potatoes with the eggs - something to help soak up the deliciously runny yolk. That would also give him something to eat after doing all that work. Would you believe he hates eggs? [emoji38] I am the luckiest woman alive.
20190803_102518.jpg

Bratwurst rolled in a cauliflower "tortilla" with hummus, cream cheese, cilantro, tomato, cucumber. and a hard boiled egg (chopped), a side of Tex-Mex black beans. Beverage, wild blueberry strawberry smoothie made with coconut milk. Good to go.

Eggs Benedict for the third day in a row, with potatoes today! :yum: Hey, I'm recovering from surgery - I need my protein! :mrgreen: Plus some grapes. Delicious breakfast.
0804191114.jpg

Eggs Benedict for the third day in a row, with potatoes today! :yum: Hey, I'm recovering from surgery - I need my protein! :mrgreen: Plus some grapes. Delicious breakfast.
View attachment 35935

That looks just delicious GG!! We both sure missed our Sunday special bagels and lox this morning. I can hardly wait till he can chew again. :(

Last edited:
Celebrating last weeks successful campaign to eat healthier with a hearty breakfast. Sautéed shallot, jalapeño, and fresh corn added to the grits. This will definitely be the big meal of the day.
breakfast 190805 img.jpg
breakfast 190805 kcal.jpg

Eggs Benedict Arnold ..... Onions in the Potatoes, Muffin buttered and served on the side, Everything else is stacked on the spuds...

Diner Eggs Benedict Arnold (2).jpg

I made Spanish rice for the Elders last night. Mom's breakfast was Spanish Rice with a poached egg, a pear, and some banana bread. Mine was just a poached egg.

Savory oatmeal with cooked arugula.

Up to sharing any more details? I'm sorta in a rut. My steel cut oat and buckwheat porridge is almost always sweetened with fresh or dried fruit and savory porridge is usually dried corn, aka grits or polenta. I'm looking to change all that up a bit and looking for examples.

Up to sharing any more details? I'm sorta in a rut. My steel cut oat and buckwheat porridge is almost always sweetened with fresh or dried fruit and savory porridge is usually dried corn, aka grits or polenta. I'm looking to change all that up a bit and looking for examples.
Hey Skilletlicker, wanted to say how much I enjoy you sharing your chronometer (or whatever app you use). I use it when I'm trying to get a handle on macro and micro nutrients, to see how it would change my intake.

DH just likes his oatmeal (old fashioned), sweet with some honey or maple syrup, but he's been cutting back on sweetener so it's just a teaspoon, then some dried or diced fruit. Apricots, raisins, craisins, dates, or figs. And blue berries, the favorite.

Mine is no sweetener with diced fresh fruit, I'm partial to the plums and peaches that are in season now. My savory oats, just cooked refrigerated, then warmed up a little, some braggs aminos sprayed on (really like a light soy sauce flavor) and I put in the greens for part of the bowl, sometimes a third party of lentils/mungbeans, whatever I have on hand.

We both put a large tablespoon of flax in the oats. We buy the oatmeal organic and in 25 lb bags.

What I want to make is something like this: https://www.veganosity.com/savory-vegan-baked-oatmeal/
But using fresh tomatoes. With or without mushrooms. I like breakfast later, near 1 or 2 pm, and I like it to be a meal I don't have to think very much about and right away move on to the next thing in our life. (today it's making pickles)

Dh and I talked about steel cut oats, I love them, but for convenience right now, it is old fashioned rolled oats. If things keep evolving/changing in our preferences and we move back to a less processed oat, it will be steel cut.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom