What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made my 1st crepes today:

IMG_1821.jpgIMG_1819.jpgIMG_1820.jpg
IMG_1815.jpg

Made the batter
IMG_1815.jpg

The creme
IMG_1817.jpg

Used 3 different jams (store bought) heated with some water to dilute
IMG_1818.jpg

Made a red raspberry sauce
IMG_1813.jpgIMG_1814.jpg

Momma had an omelet, bacon, and a fresh peach. Me, I had turnip greens, more turnip greens, and 2 poached eggs and bacon. Dad had a bagel, brownie, a Hershey chocolate bar, and some rhubarb-strawberry jam on his bagel. Yeah, he eats dessert for breakfast. Yuck.And he eats two hours later, more sugar, more bread, more chocolate.

I dreamt my brother (deceased) was here and we went to the cabin. When we got there, we made dill pickle, bread and butter pickle, onion, cheese, caper, peanut butter sandwiches (which we ate a couple of light-years ago as children at the cabin, minus the capers, we weren't that sophisticated when we were in grade school) on toasted whole wheat bread. When I woke up, I was (a) disappointed he wasn't here,(b) we weren't at the cabin, but (c) had all the ingredients in the house for "our" sandwich. So that's what I ''had for breakfast. Forgot how much I liked the umani combination that is. Maybe he will visit me again so I can break my "no bread" diet and have it again. Gosh, I miss him so.

For Momma, I made a Kartoffelpuffer (potato pancake) topped with a poached egg, pineapple and a blueberry muffin that was in the freezer. Tossed two potato pancakes in the freezer for another day. She ate everything.

The KN (a/k/a my Dad) went to see my uncle in WI today, so I made Mom and I each a fried egg (in bacon fat), hash browns, ham, and fresh peach slices for breakfast. She gobbled everything down (the KN doesn't like me to fry anything in my CI pans, so we broke his rule while he was away). When the KN is away, the girls do play!!!

The KN (a/k/a my Dad) is still away. Mom had 2 pierogi, a sausage, peaches, and raita. I couldn't resist--I had 2 pan-fried pierogi too. YUM.

This morning I had a salad for breakfast.

Mixed Baby greens, tuna, hard boiled egg, green olives, black olives, chick peas, tomato, a sprinkle of TJ's Everything But the Bagel and creamy Caesar dressing.

breakfast_salad_091719_IMG_6224.jpg

DD isn't feeling good and requested Pastina and eggs for brunch.

pastina_eggs_100619_IMG_6310.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom