"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2019, 12:42 PM   #6081
Master Chef

Piece of freshly toasted, yeasty, home made bread, topped with two poached eggs, gently cooked in butter in the poaching pan. My Grandpa had a hing pan with the removable poaching cups when I was a child. When I would sleep over at my grandparents, I would get two poached eggs on toast, a half grapefruit, or big wedge of cantaloupe, and a tall glass of cold milk, fresh from a local dairy and delivered in bottles to the doorstep. I felt comforted, loved, and special in that home. My Grandfather also taught me the pancake jingle that I passed on to my children, and grandchildren; "Pancakes are delicious, pancakes are so fine, I ought-ta know, 'cause I like 'em so, that I eat 'em all the time." Eating those poached eggs from the poaching pan not only gies me a tasty breakfast, but takes me back in time to that very special home. How can a breakfast get any better than that?

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:51 AM   #6082
Chef Extraordinaire

Cheesy Three-Egg Scramble with Onions & Sweet Peppers - Adolescent Yukons, Fried in Butter... Ketchup

Click image for larger version

Name:	Egg Scramble, Cheesey .jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	37457

Old 11-22-2019, 12:17 PM   #6083
Chef Extraordinaire

Sauteed Russian kale (it is still available in the garden) to which I added some grated beet, also from the garden, garlic, grated carrot, tomato (put up in September), a poached egg (thanks to Miss Betty White), and pan-fried, melt-in-your-mouth red potatoes also from the garden, topped with some fersh parsley. Yum, yum, yum.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:03 AM   #6084
Head Chef

Oats and Eggs

Felt like a big breakfast this morning.

Name:	IMG_20191203_085312551.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	37622

Name:	Breakfast 2019-12-03 090001 ingredients.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	37623

Old bachelor cook
skilletlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #6085
Senior Cook

DH hit me with this first thing this morning. "I have a surprise for you but don't think it will work". Then he goes on to tell me about this recipe for Apple Raisin Bread that he is making. (First time making bread or anything involving yeast, pretty brave of him). He just now put it in the oven. Will let you all know later how it turns out.
cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #6086
Assistant Cook

Chorizo and egg burro.

This is such a quick and easy breakfast. I cook off the chorizo and freeze off what I don't use the first time. When I freeze it, I put it into a dish that I can use a butter knife and slice it into individual servings. When I grab it out of the freezer even though the sections have come back together it still breaks off in those section. 20 seconds in the microwave for a single serving and it's ready to go into some eggs.
strmanglr scott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 PM   #6087
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookieee View Post
DH hit me with this first thing this morning. "I have a surprise for you but don't think it will work". Then he goes on to tell me about this recipe for Apple Raisin Bread that he is making. (First time making bread or anything involving yeast, pretty brave of him). He just now put it in the oven. Will let you all know later how it turns out.
This turned out to be more like an apple upside down cake than a bread. Whatever it was, it turned out to be very tasty.

cookieee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt