What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did feel like making an entire recipe of scratch Hollandaise, so I found that packaged stuff … I didn't think that it would be that good, but it was okay really.

View attachment 38515

It's says that it will yield 8 servings :huh:
I made up a half recipe and got only 1 1/2 :ohmy:
Oh and I forgot the Mimosa, I was so excited for the Bennies :ROFLMAO:

HAPPY SUNDAY ALL!!

I discovered Knorr's many years ago. I had been making from scratch, but one day was lazy. Shrek told me it was the best Hollandaise I had made...:LOL::ROFLMAO: Never made scratch again.

We call that back bacon up here..

Isn't that funny?

bacon1.jpg

BACON.jpg

And "American-Style" or "Streaky" Bacon is from a different part of the animal, right Rock?

BTW, nice to see you again … you were away for a time as well, eh?

Isn't that funny?

View attachment 38516

View attachment 38517

And "American-Style" or "Streaky" Bacon is from a different part of the animal, right Rock?

BTW, nice to see you again … you were away for a time as well, eh?
Hello to you, too..we just call that streaky, smoked, pork belly "bacon". The back bacon in your photo is from the center cut boneless loin

I've had the "meanest onos" (very hungry for in 'local speak' back home in Hawaii :LOL:) for Eggs Benedict and Mimosa

I was at our local Mega-mart deli getting some lunchmeats, when I spied the Canadian Bacon (don't understand why it's called that, but there you go).

:idea: Why haven't I made this at home?

DH: EWWWW, that's creamy, I don't like creamy (please add the sound of a whiny 10 year Boy for the proper effect)

On our most recent Road Trip, he ordered Bennies with the Hollandaise Sauce on the side for moi :wub: I put it all over my Hash Browns

View attachment 38514

Anywhos, long story … this is what we had for Sunday Brunch

View attachment 38511
his

View attachment 38512
MINE!

View attachment 38513
… more sauce please ;)

I did feel like making an entire recipe of scratch Hollandaise, so I found that packaged stuff … I didn't think that it would be that good, but it was okay really.

View attachment 38515

It's says that it will yield 8 servings :huh:
I made up a half recipe and got only 1 1/2 :ohmy:
Oh and I forgot the Mimosa, I was so excited for the Bennies :ROFLMAO:

HAPPY SUNDAY ALL!!
I also use Knorr's.

I have turned over the poaching to DD. She makes them perfect every time.

Hello to you, too..we just call that streaky, smoked, pork belly "bacon". The back bacon in your photo is from the center cut boneless loin

That's what I was thinkin' there Rock.
What we call Canadian Bacon is from the Loin, right?

I also use Knorr's.

I have turned over the poaching to DD. She makes them perfect every time.

MsM, I haven't made poached eggs in forever! But they came out just right this morning! DH likes his more to the medium/hard cooked-not so much runny yolk - "Ewwww, that looks gross! It's too creamy" :LOL:

For Moi, I got the yolk at just the right runny-ness for my liking :yum:

We're adding this to the rotation of Sunday Brunch, for sure! :chef:

That's what I was thinkin' there Rock.
What we call Canadian Bacon is from the Loin, right?
:chef:

That's right..smoked loin...we have another type that is called Peameal bacon..it is brined, then rolled in corn meal..go figure..I assume that at some point, many years ago, it was actually rolled in pea meal..

Attachments

• 8201-2.jpg
    8201-2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
that's what i was thinkin' there rock.
What we call canadian bacon is from the loin, right?

msm, i haven't made poached eggs in forever! But they came out just right this morning! Dh likes his more to the medium/hard cooked-not so much runny yolk - "ewwww, that looks gross! It's too creamy" :LOL:

For moi, i got the yolk at just the right runny-ness for my liking :yum:

We're adding this to the rotation of sunday brunch, for sure! :chef:

I like poachies runny.

eggs_benedict_080719_3_IMG_6075.jpg

poached_eggs_sauce_081419_IMG_6109.jpg

Coffee Smoothie - thick homemade Greek yogurt, whey, heavy cream, coffee syrup, instant espresso powder, vanilla instant breakfast and ice cubes. Zapped in blender.

coffee_yogurt_smoothie_012720_1_IMG_6665.jpg

coffee_yogurt_smoothie_012720_2_IMG_6668.jpg

coffee_yogurt_smoothie_012720_3_IMG_6667.jpg

Believe it or not, we had Everything Bagels this morning from our local bagel place. (to lazy to look up how to spell their name. lol)

Tuesday Brunch

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Rice (we say it as if it were a single word :LOL:)

This one is different.
I brought this back in my suitcase from Honolulu this past May.
The rectangular shape is meant for the topping of a Musubi.

teri-spam-musubi1.jpg
(file photo of a Teriyaki Spam Musubi :yum:)

The package contains 10 thin slices of Portuguese Sausage (aka Linguica), so I fried them all up one time and stashed the remaining slices for later (when I make a fresh pot of Sushi Rice) :chef:

**Cook's note: DH was not happy with his brunch, "What's this? I thought we were having Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Rice? THAT'S not it!" :glare:

hawaiian-portuguese-sausage.jpg

Portuguese Sausage Eggs and Rice.jpg

That's what he means … well, too bad, eat it! :angry:
:LOL:

I'd say Ross !

View attachment 38595

Maybe throw in a can of Vienna Sausage every so often, and you're golden!
Fry `em up crispy, served with scrambled eggs and Fried Rice (there's some Spam in that Rice above btw) :yum:
MAN!
Now I'm hungry again! :LOL:

LOL...For years, Vienna Sausages were my secret treat snack..

Don't touch my Vienna Sausages !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Ross

For breakfast this morning, I had some bread pudding I made yesterday from some cinnamon swirl bread taking up too much room in the freezer. It's delicious with added golden raisins and walnuts. I used 4 cups of bread cubes to 3 eggs, 1 cup of brown sugar, 2 cups light cream, 1/4 tsp salt. :yum:
Just right.

In Hawaii, we like Soup for Breakfast.
One of my all time faves is Turkey Jook or Congee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=bvEJ61KlaKI&feature=emb_logo

DSC01245.jpg

This is my rendition.
Loads of fresh Ginger Root, Garlic and Green Onions on top.
Some many ways that you can serve this up, as Chef Keoni shows you in the video above.

BTW: Foodland is a supermarket chain in Hawaii started by Maurice "Sully" Sullivan, who also had the very first McDonald's in Hawaii and influenced Ray Kroc to add regional items to the menu, as in Spam Eggs and Rice in Hawaii, as well as in other stores across the Globe. ;)

Back
Top Bottom