What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't feel much like cooking breakfast today

Pecan Kringle.jpg

so it was Pecan Kringle from Trader Joe's,
Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausages
and Cara Cara Orange slices
Coffee, Hot Tea and Ocean Spray Cran-Pineapple Juice all around
:yum:

Great looking pics!

I've been having a bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, and a banana. Love that breakfast.

Skilletlicker, I hope your oral surgery went well without complications and that you've recovered by now. :wub:
I've been on an oatmeal and blueberries kick, too. I like to add in sliced almonds sometimes. Gives it a little extra yum.

Sunday Brunch

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

Breakfast Burritos

I had some leftover :ohmy: bacon from V-Day (see above)
… so I toasted the Flour Tortillas on the gas cooktop burner,
warmed the bacon, diced it,
added some soft scrambled eggs and extra sharp cheddar cheese
and there ya go!
Jarred Salsa for dipping and some juice to wash it down
That was tasty!

Sunday Brunch

View attachment 39128

View attachment 39129

Breakfast Burritos

I had some leftover :ohmy: bacon from V-Day (see above)
… so I toasted the Flour Tortillas on the gas cooktop burner,
warmed the bacon, diced it,
added some soft scrambled eggs and extra sharp cheddar cheese
and there ya go!
Jarred Salsa for dipping and some juice to wash it down
That was tasty!

Boy howdie, those breakfast burritos look mighty fine with those fire roasted tortillas. They make the perfect burrito, no matter the filling.
Think I'll make one for lunch today as Sunday morning always means glorified Bagels and Lox at this casa.

Boy howdie, those breakfast burritos look mighty fine with those fire roasted tortillas. They make the perfect burrito, no matter the filling.
Think I'll make one for lunch today as Sunday morning always means glorified Bagels and Lox at this casa.

I like that term! I'm stealing that K-L
DH wolfed all four of those Burritos, granted, those were the small
"Street Taco" sized tortillas :LOL:
In total he got 2 Eggs, 2 strips of Bacon, many a tablespoon of Cheese
and four Tortillas, not bad.
He thought that he was in piggy heaven … it just looked like a lot of food :)

Awhile back one of my local liquidation stores had these egg molds with little wooden handles. 4 in a pack for a couple bucks so I bought two packs. The secret to using these is cooking spray like PAM.

115ee7b274c454445501d4.jpg

So I make my own Egg's McMuffins. Often, one of those and a cup of coffee is a good start on my day.

I buy a 6 pack of English Muffins, a bottle of Parkay liquid butter. The muffins are nuked for about 20 seconds in the microwave. After I've fried a half dozen eggs in those little ring molds in a skillet they come out to rest on a plate.

Next I throw thin slices of deli ham in the skillet and heat it up and this goes onto the English Muffin followed by the egg and a slice of cheese. Thus fabricated an Egg McMuffin. I have the choice of cheese since I'm making them, so I often use a pepper jack cheese. (I don't have to worry about any hot sauce for them with that type of cheese)

5 of these go into zip lock bags I suck the air out of with a plastic straw before putting them into the freezer.

Before bed time, I set one of these into the fridge so it can thaw the next morning. I can nuke it again for 20 to 30 seconds and viola....before the ADC
can crank out a 4 cup pot of coffee I've got hot food. Of course I can always
fix something else if I'm inclined, but the muffins keep well in the freezer.

I figure for the price of one Egg McMuffin at McDonald's I can make 6 at home.

IMG_5496.jpg

Breakfast for DH

IMG_5497.jpg

LOVE TJ's Chicken Sausages for breakfast!

IMG_5499.jpg

And I've been wanting to try this bread since seeing it touted on Social Media, being better for you than other commercially produced ones.

IMG_5503.jpg

… and SSHHHH!
Don't tell DH that I added an Egg White to his scramble this morning :ohmy:
Yesterday, I made a batch of my Meyer Lemon Curd and I saved each White in a small-snack-sized zip top baggie for later use, and no not just for making Frosting.
He loved his breakfast :LOL:

Let them taste the curd separate first. Put a little on a spoon and let them try a taste. :)

:ermm: NO... DH doesn't do anything creamy …
"Eewww, I don't like that, it's too creamy" Please insert whiny 10 year little boy's voice here for the full effect
:LOL:
When he started eating yogurt about 4 or 5 years ago, I was totally gobsmacked! :ohmy:

Oh Heck no! More for me!

PF's got it!!!
That's what my G-Ma from Portugal would say all the time, more for me, in Portuguese of course. :)

:ermm: NO... DH doesn't do anything creamy …

"Eewww, I don't like that, it's too creamy" Please insert whiny 10 year little boy's voice here for the full effect

:LOL:

When he started eating yogurt about 4 or 5 years ago, I was totally gobsmacked! :ohmy:

PF's got it!!!

That's what my G-Ma from Portugal would say all the time, more for me, in Portuguese of course. :)

Really cause when I was 10 and told my grandma I wasn’t gonna eat something u bet your fanny I would up eating it and liking it no matter what lol. Kids these days I tell ya got it made. And for real not like and old person telling a young person this. Like legally for real. Scary how much even adults are coddled. Colleges have safe spaces for crying out loud. It’s almost like they’ve trying to make the whole country effeminate and not like my grandpa effeminate :)

Ah well more curd for someone else I guess! Can’t let a good lemon curd go to waste :)

You know I did do a lemon curd bread pudding. Maybe it would be enough to get away with.

Here’s a vid on it in case your interested.

https://youtu.be/OPA9Ubb79vA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom