What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My new favorite breakfast for warm Spring mornings..
Maple Pecan Granola with cottage cheese and sliced sugared strawberries. Yum!

It's so nice to see ya K-L!!! Ooh, please do let SC know that I'm starting to follow in his footsteps! I went to Safeway/Vonn's and found 12oz packages of Bacon for $1.99 on my app, Just For U !!!! I bought the limit, four, and tossed three in the deep freeze and one will be for breakfast tomorrow :yum:
Maybe with Broiche French Toast? I should set the bread out tonight to go stale :chef:

Oatmeal with maple syrup.

Andy, I had the same thing, nut I add a good knob of Butter too ;)

maybe with broiche french toast? I should set the bread out tonight to go stale :chef:

IMG_5816.jpg

IMG_5817.jpg

mmm!!!

We've been going into work daily...started selling boxed meats on line..it's going well..we opened the meat counter this week..so..breakfast has usually been a smoothie. I normally use spinach, blueberries, yogurt, almond milk, honey..sometimes I put peanut butter in it..sounds a bit sketchy, but it's pretty good..

You know, my parents gave me a special juicer for making smoothie as they know I'm a vegetarian. So, today my breakfast started with celery juice and some toasts with avocado. That was amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Root Vegetable Hash

I've really been into making hashes with more than just potatoes. Really any root vegetable works. Been loving a mix of roasted beets, sweet potato, and kohlrabi lately. I'll often dice bacon and then crisp it in the pan first before adding the roasted veggies. I'll top it with a sunny side up egg and a little goat cheese. I'm addicted haha.

Plus it's simple to pull together if you roast all your root vegetables ahead of time.

I went into a cooking frenzy this morning and created a brunch with my signature Mexican dish, huevos rancheros especiale con arroz Mexicano y frijoles negros a la Mexicana, :chef: accompanied by a very large mimosa :ohmy: and followed by a very long nap! :sleep:

What? No midnight snack? Sheesh...

When I started to fight back against insulin resistance I heard about the advantages of smaller but more frequent meals. So I changed the food diary to align with Tolkiens account of Hobbit meal-planning in Middle Earth. Never really got past 2½ or three meals a day but first and second breakfasts are pretty common.

Midnight snacks are rare because I find temptations easiest to resist while sleeping. :)

Last edited:
When I started to fight back against insulin resistance I heard about the advantages of smaller but more frequent meals. So I changed the food diary to align with Tolkiens account of Hobbit meal-planning in Middle Earth. Never really got past 2½ or three meals a day but first and second breakfasts are pretty common.

Midnight snacks are rare because I find temptations easiest to resist while sleeping. :)

ROFL!

DH's breakfast:

Smoked Trout fillets
diced Tomato
Scrambled Egg (as in only 1)
Hash Brown Coins, that Mrs. Next-Door-Neighbor shared with us from our favorite breakfast joint
and Rye Toast, dry please, no butter :sick:
:LOL:

I like the looks of that a lot. Makes me want to put some trout in the indoor stovetop smoker.

I had the remainder of that Thai curry for breakfast yesterday. My breakfasts are not traditional, by any means.

Last edited:
Blueberry muffins. I use the Jordan Marsh recipe and works well.
I strained 2 cans of Duncin Hines pie filling for the berries.
Never have figured out what to do with the left over goo.

Slim pickins here, Still basically locked down on this little island since March.

I had the remainder of that Thai curry for breakfast yesterday. My breakfasts are not traditional, by any means.

I'm with you Pepper!

jook.jpg

This is one of my favorite breakfasts, Jook or Congee.
This one is with Chicken Thigh meat, but I usually make it with Turkey.
I ran out of Green Onions, but sometimes they don't agree with my tummy in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom