"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #3201
Chef Extraordinaire

This morning I had some clusters for breakfast

Old 03-16-2013, 06:40 PM   #3202
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
This morning I had some clusters for breakfast
Clusters of what?

Old 03-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #3203
Head Chef

A CA Navel Orange - that's it - but it was great!
Old 03-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #3204
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Clusters of what?

GG, they are oven baked with rolled oats, barley, coconut, cinnamon and honey, very tasty!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 PM   #3205
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Cheezy, that looks fabulous!
Thank Kylie !! Was my first time making crepes from scratch. I'll never use boxed again..!!
Old 03-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #3206
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Crepes w/fresh Blackberrie sauce and Bacon

lovely plate, cheezy. can't beat homemade crepes, and they go from sweet to savory like a dream...
Old 03-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #3207
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Thank Kylie !! Was my first time making crepes from scratch. I'll never use boxed again..!!
Your very welcome

Well done on it being your first time making them too
Old 03-17-2013, 06:12 AM   #3208
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Pretty good Addie, thanks for asking...I am down 53# now! All of the support I get from you & everyone on DC has been my lifeline on weight loss and I so much appreciate it!

Today for breakfast was 2 slices of light wheat bread, toasted, with reduced fat peanut butter & sugar free raspberry jam with some tereyaki beef jerky nuggets & a coffee w/creamer.
And I am going to stay right here as long as you need me. Between you and all the members of DC, you wil get that weight off. It is not just a bunch of prattle when I tell you I do care. I realize that this latest health problem might give you reason to forget the weight loss. But don't fall into that trap. You now have two health problems that have to be addressed together. And should you require surgery, the weight loss will be a big benefit in your favor. A benefit for the surgeon and for you, a quicker and easier recovery. The next time you have to spend overnight in the hospital, let them know you are on a weight loss diet. They will only be too happy to help you by serving foods that will be to your benefit.

I am happy to see that you are still getting protein into you in the morning. Keep up the good work.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #3209
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And I am going to stay right here as long as you need me. Between you and all the members of DC, you wil get that weight off. It is not just a bunch of prattle when I tell you I do care. I realize that this latest health problem might give you reason to forget the weight loss. But don't fall into that trap. You now have two health problems that have to be addressed together. And should you require surgery, the weight loss will be a big benefit in your favor. A benefit for the surgeon and for you, a quicker and easier recovery. The next time you have to spend overnight in the hospital, let them know you are on a weight loss diet. They will only be too happy to help you by serving foods that will be to your benefit.

I am happy to see that you are still getting protein into you in the morning. Keep up the good work.
Ditto what she said, SB. Your DC family is cheering you on. So you have an off day, DCers won't judge you--we know how hard it is to "stay the course." We are here for you with hugs and love. You go girl! 53# in 6 months is amazing. Doesn't matter how much weight you (or your doctor) think you need to lose, what is important is you change how you eat so that you can sustain those eating habits for the rest of your life. A friend did one of those "doctor" diets, lost a lot of weight, but when she went back to her "normal" life, she gained the weight back (actually, I have had two friends that have done that). Those friends did not learn new eating habits, they dieted. You are not on a diet, you are working on changing your eating habits.

All the best to you, SB. One of the reasons I post pics of what I eat in the morning is to inspire you (and other DCers) to eat breakfast--it does make a difference.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:08 AM   #3210
Executive Chef

Corned beef hash, sunny side eggs, a piece of stollen.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt