What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had some extra cooked mushrooms in the fridge, so I made an omelette with those, and put some grated parmesan in the eggs. I usually put some tarragon in this, but that's not one of the herbs I grow inside, so instead, I put a little Thai basil in it - another herb with a little anise flavor, which was delicious in this.

Cold and windy today so a hearty breakfast was in order.

9040D547-73BF-44FD-A283-48EB73636123_1_105_c.jpg

Corned beef hash and poached eggs.

Corned beef hash. Finally got really, really close to the CBH recipe Craig loves at a place we would go to pre COVID. Need to write the recipe down now.

Attachments

• 2021-03-15 10.25.44.jpg
    2021-03-15 10.25.44.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 48
IMG_0365.jpg

Really crummy day!!!
DH requested a "good breakfast", which for us translates to
a local-style (reads from Hawaii) breakfast.

Portuguese (Linguica) Sausage Fried Rice (and yes, I broke down and added Peas & fresh Carrots which a good local would not do :LOL:)
Scrambled Eggs
and crispy fried Vienna Sausages
:yum:
That should hold us til dinner! ;)

Avocado toast with marbled rye and dukkah, blood orange segments and over easy eggs.

Attachments

• 2021-03-27 09.55.01.jpg
    2021-03-27 09.55.01.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 88
Sunday Brunch

IMG_0366.jpg

Cheesecake Factory Brown Bread Rolls, stuffed
with Eggs, Cheese and BACON!!!
and a bowl of sliced fresh Strawberries on the side.

IMG_6023.jpg

IMG_6024.jpg

I'm pretty sure that I told y'all about these rolls that a Gal Pal
clued me into at our local Kroger's (aka Fry's Food Store here in the West).
They offer not only Rolls but sliced loaves For Sandwiches and small
Baguette-style loaves.
:yum:

I had purchased a bag of Rolls the other day and they were sitting
on the kitchen counter, ready to be divvied up and frozen, as
DH asked last night, "What's for breakfast tomorrow?"

:idea:

I had a three egg omelet with bacon, avocado, tomato and cheese, and a fruit cup, rye toast. Mom and Dad had chile omelets with bacon and cheese.

My favorite restaurant is now open on Sundays!

Cubadillas. I didn't take a pic because I was just using up leftovers from our Cuban sandwiches we had recently to make brunch quesadillas. Wow. I think we like these better than sandwiches. You get the nice crispy crunchy pressed effect with a whole lot less bread product. I got the mayo and mustard in by combining and making a dipping sauce.

Cubadillas. I didn't take a pic because I was just using up leftovers from our Cuban sandwiches we had recently to make brunch quesadillas. Wow. I think we like these better than sandwiches. You get the nice crispy crunchy pressed effect with a whole lot less bread product. I got the mayo and mustard in by combining and making a dipping sauce.

Please describe the Cubadillas. They sound interesting. I did an internet search and all I found was that they are on the menu of one resto in South Carolina and several references to "Crazydilla food truck Cubadillas" in Miami.

I've been on the smoothies for quite a while now..usually a small block of frozen spinach, blueberries, almond mild and a spoonful of peanut butter..it goes together surprisingly well..
I do change it up once and a while depending on if there is any old fruit that needs to be used up..

Please describe the Cubadillas. They sound interesting. I did an internet search and all I found was that they are on the menu of one resto in South Carolina and several references to "Crazydilla food truck Cubadillas" in Miami.

It's the same ingredients as found on Cuban sandwiches, cuban roast pork, sliced deli baked ham, swiss cheese and thinly sliced deli pickles. The sandwiches also have a heavy on the mustard and mayo spread, but, as I wrote, used that as a dipping sauce. Used flour tortillas and made them like quesadillas, a thin layer of swiss, chopped up the ham slices and spread them evenly on top of the cheese, placed pickle slices around evenly, another thin layer of cheese, shredded the pork roast and distributed evenly, then another thin layer of cheese, topped with another tortilla, then used a little vege oil in a skillet, browned, flipped over using a small plate, added a little more oil, slid the quesadilla back into the skillet and browned the other side.

I use a small plate so that all the filling doesn't fall out when flipping. Once both sides have been browned and the cheese has melted all the way through, you don't have to worry about the filling falling put because the cheese acts as a glue. Alternatively, you can put the filling on one-half of the tortilla, then fold over, forming a half circle that you can just flip.over in the skillet.

Craig came up with the name. I didn't know anyone else had ever tried making these.

Last edited:
Medtran you've made a believer out of me as well. Though I would have to use corn tortillas (which I make) to make it gluten-free!

We are very boring I am afraid. Monday to Saturday we have pure pork sausages (no crumbs, GF or otherwise and little fat), a fruit bowl of berries, banana, pineapple (TB) and Mango (me).

On Sundays, we have different things. TB sometimes does the weekly thing and I will do oatmeal (GF) or cold cereal with Almond Milk. Sometimes I make buckwheat pancakes with fresh berries and a splash of Maple syrup. I have also been known to have a 2 egg omelette with veggies and or meat, cheese, mushrooms, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom