What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...I didn't know anyone else had ever tried making these.
I've been making breakfast quesadillas for ages. Scrambled eggs and add-ins like crumbled cooked bacon or sausage, chopped up ham, sauteed mushroom slices. I use a dry, non-stick pan. I assemble them on the serving plates, covering only one half of the tortilla with cheese, then egg mixture, then more cheese. Fold and dry fry on one side, then use two spatulas to carefully turn it over to brown the second side. More often than not they end up being a late-night snack after an early or light supper rather than breakfast.

I've been making breakfast quesadillas for ages. Scrambled eggs and add-ins like crumbled cooked bacon or sausage, chopped-up ham, sauteed mushroom slices...

At the catering company I apprenticed at we made breakfast burritos. They had egg and cheese and any leftover meat, etc. We didn't do them all the time but I think we could have sold them if we did.

I've been making breakfast quesadillas for ages. Scrambled eggs and add-ins like crumbled cooked bacon or sausage, chopped up ham, sauteed mushroom slices. I use a dry, non-stick pan. I assemble them on the serving plates, covering only one half of the tortilla with cheese, then egg mixture, then more cheese. Fold and dry fry on one side, then use two spatulas to carefully turn it over to brown the second side. More often than not they end up being a late-night snack after an early or light supper rather than breakfast.

I was referring to the Cubadillas. I've been making quesadillas and burritos/wraps for breakfast for years.

Oh. Well I use flour tortillas for lots of different fillings. I guess we don't have Cuban sandwiches often enough for me to make them any other way than on the Cuban rolls I buy at a little one-off grocery store.

Today's Sunday Brunch will consist of Loco Moco, Hawaiian macaroni salad, pineapple mimosas, and espresso. For those of you not familiar with Loco Moco, it is a fried hamburger patty on a bed of rice, topped with a sunnyside up egg, covered with gravy made from the drippings of the burger.

Last edited:
Today's Sunday Brunch will consist of Loco Moco, Hawaiian macaroni salad, pineapple mimosas, and espresso. For those of you not familiar with Loco Moco, it is a fried hamburger patty on a bed of rice, topped with a sunnyside up egg, covered with gravy made from the drippings of the burger.

VERY jealous!

Hawaii 078.JPG

Hawaii 079.JPG

I haven't had a Loco Moco for a while now ... Mac Salad though I make often for myself.
THE best Loco Moco or Brown Gravy is at Rainbow Drive-In in Honolulu (featured on Triple D), as seen above ... I have this along side some Leonard's Bakery Malasadas (Portuguese Doughnuts) every time we go home! :yum:

French toast and sausage. The bread was a new to me product, maybe new overall. It was on BOGO at the grocery, Nature's Own Artisan bread. I got a brioche loaf and a multigrain loaf. The slices are at least a double cut of regular commercial bread so made a nice French toast.

Attachments

• 2021-04-26 11.06.38.jpg
    2021-04-26 11.06.38.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 105
Belgian Waffle with berries on top of ice cream & whip cream.

The batter was yeast risen.

The berries included: Strawberries, Blueberries, and Blackberries. Berries can fit into the large holes in the waffle.

I've been making overnight oats with plain almond milk lately. I thought it would be an easy breakfast, but I have found that I really like it for breakfast. Depending on the week, I have added various kinds of sweeteners or toppings for it. Just very versatile and easy to pack to take with me in the morning.

Kathleen, my son and DIL often have those sitting in the fridge just waiting to be grabbed.

I'm not really a fan, yes, it is good but not my style. But my point here is that it makes him very gassy! Doesn't seem to have that effect on DIL but I think she passes it on to the baby! LOL

I'm all about French Toast this week as I use up the last of my bread pudding. This is French Toast and the Bread Pudding it came from, or as it's known these days, dinner and dessert. :)

/Users/stevensantos/Desktop/Screen Shot 2 2021-05-06 at 16.36.35.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2 2021-05-06 at 16.36.35.jpg
    Screen Shot 2 2021-05-06 at 16.36.35.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 40
Wednesday Brunch

IMG_0541.jpg

Are neighbor who recently moved out of State, was clearing out
her larder and gave me what she had left.
Part of that haul was a box of Bisquick and a pound of Bacon.

IMG_0543.jpg

I haven't used Bisquick in for ever!
These came out so light and fluffy,
even DH was impressed :)

Thanks Gail!

Cooking Goddess had made mention about muffins that she made in another thread,
so I went hunting for that mix and this is what I found in my Supermarket.

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

These Jumbo Muffins are okay.
I topped them with about a half teaspoon of Sanding Sugar for that nice crunchy Muffin Top.
Both DH and I agreed:
Too Orange forward
and
the inside of the Muffin is so nice and tender that the Crunchy Top took away from that.

No Pillsbury muffin and quick bread mixes by you, K-Girl? That's the brand I use. We like it better than Krusteaz. The Pillsbury mix is just cranberry, no orange. And we really don't like any coarse sugar on top of our baked goods. But it's a pretty looking muffin!

Perhaps this gives you the chance to bake a different batch of muffins...

Last edited:
No Pillsbury muffin and quick bread mixes by you, K-Girl? That's the brand I use.

Y'know CG, I went to three different supermarkets
(that's all we have) and no dice.

We like it better than Krusteaz. The Pillsbury mix is just cranberry, no orange. And we really don't like any coarse sugar on top of our baked goods. But it's a pretty looking muffin!

Yeah, I liked on one hand and didn't on the other.
DH was right in that it takes away from that fluffy interior.

Perhaps this gives you the chance to bake a different batch of muffins...

That's EXACTLY what I was thinkin'!!!
Our Kroger's had this brand on sale two for $5
So I have the Wild Blueberry ready for next week.

:clap:

I took some next door for them to try.
Mrs. Next-Door-Neighbor asks me,
"where did you get these, they're so pretty."
:blush:
"WHAT!? You made these?"
;):chef::rolleyes::LOL:

DH said, "what does she think you do? I swear you're cooking something all day! Well, she hasn't known you that long yet, so ... " :stuart:

This morning I made scrambled eggs, mangu and Dominican sausage.

Attachments

• 2021-05-30.jpg
    2021-05-30.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom