What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover breakfast hash: roasted seasoned with smoke paprika and onion powder, potatoes, carrots, edamame, onions, peppers, broccoli stems, served with ketchup or mustard, low salt in any combination.

Brunch was Hickory smoked spam, Mary Kitchen corned beef hash, over easy eggs and a cup of rose hip and hibiscus tea (loose-leaf steeped) with honey added.

breakfast_spam_hash_eggs_020522_1_img_9258-jpg.47807

breakfast_spam_hash_eggs_020522_2_img_9259-jpg.47808

Breakfast Fried potato and onions, corned beef hash, hickory smoked spam and over easy eggs. That will be it till dinner (couldn't finish it all).

potatoes_spam_hash_eggs_020622_img_9267-jpg.47829

Just finishing up corned beef hash with poached eggs and english muffins with butter and strawberry jam.

I made breakfast sandwiches today. Egg and Havarti cheese on mine with sausage links on the side and sausage and American cheese for DH. I'm going to have an orange now.

mofet and pepp, yer pics are killing me.

You made me go have to make something for breakfast.

I started making a BLT, but then realized that I had no lettuce. I found a leafy bunch of celery, so I picked the leaves to replace the lettuce. And Fannie's your aunt.

Attachments

• 0207221155.jpg
    0207221155.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
mofet and pepp, yer pics are killing me.

You made me go have to make something for breakfast.

I started making a BLT, but then realized that I had no lettuce. I found a leafy bunch of celery, so I picked the leaves to replace the lettuce. And Fannie's your aunt.

BCT =BuCkyTom special

Mostly well...2022 is off to a shaky start and Feb is a tough month for me anyway. I need a mental health year.

How are you doing?

We are well, thanks. I hope Spring comes soon for you. You sound like you need it. The groundhog that lives in my backyard, Henry, (who saved my new lawn a few years ago - long story) said Spring will be early this year.
He also cursed a lot about shadows, and just said he hates freakin' February as well.

I've been thinking that I started chatting here when my son was just a couple of months old, and now he's about to go off to college. So much time has passed too quickly. I need a time machine so I can go back and slow down and appreciate so many things in life.

Anyway, back on track.

It's bagel Saturday. Mine was tuna salad on a jalapeno bagel.

Attachments

• 0212221011.jpg
    0212221011.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Speaking of Henry and my backyard, I went out to feed the birds, squirrels, and chipmunks this morning and saw a nice bear track in the melting snow.

My wife mentioned that she saw a big one in the yard last week.

This is my size 11 shoe (crappy old gardening shoe) next to the print. Holy moly, that must be a very unhappy big boy not getting his sleep.

Attachments

• 0212220943a.jpg
    0212220943a.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 41
We are well, thanks. I hope Spring comes soon for you. You sound like you need it. The groundhog that lives in my backyard, Henry, (who saved my new lawn a few years ago - long story) said Spring will be early this year.
He also cursed a lot about shadows, and just said he hates freakin' February as well.

I've been thinking that I started chatting here when my son was just a couple of months old, and now he's about to go off to college. So much time has passed too quickly. I need a time machine so I can go back and slow down and appreciate so many things in life.

Anyway, back on track.

It's bagel Saturday. Mine was tuna salad on a jalapeno bagel.
I love jalapeno bagels but are hard to find around here. :(

I've never had avocado toast, either! I do have one avocado left from last week's Taco Tuesday. If I remember, I'll try it tomorrow.

I made buttermilk pancakes today. So good. I was actually a little short on the buttermilk, so I added a little half and half [emoji16] Served with maple syrup, breakfast sausage and fruit. 20220410_115244.jpg

My favorite breakfast (or anytime) "toast" is a whole grain/multigrain bread topped with ricotta cheese and fresh cherry halves. :yum: Frozen cherries work OK, but they're awfully weepy.

:yum: gotta try that one now CG!
There's this casual fast service place here that just introduced 3 different "toast" items, Fig and Ricotta, Mushroom and Herb Cheese and then the Avo as "starters" but also with Eggs at breakfast.
I used Dave's killer 21 whole grain & seeds bread, YUM!
I had buttered my toast and then remembered that I had half an Avo that need to be eaten :idea:
I have made crostini with mushrooms and brie for our gal pal card games, but never thought to make it on bread before.

You want to try something good?

Jimmy Dean Sausage and Pancake on a stick.. They have regular and blueberry. It's frozen crap but it's really good..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom