What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did you have for lunch today?

How about starting a this thread...What did you have for lunch today. Could bring some interesting combinations & new ideas to add to the plate. What do you think?

golden brown, crisp-edged potato pancakes fried in duck fat, drizzled with pure maple syrup and dunked in mounds of red plum jam and apricot preserves. tall cold milk at hand.... :)

Breakfast will be a boudin sausage I'm cooking in the oven at 275° for an hour.

I hope it's as good as it looks, this is the first time I've tried it.

What's a "boudin sausage" Z? I have a feeling it's a New Orleans thing?

Bad girl big breakfast for me today.....The most delicious thick apple wood smoked bacon, two fried eggs on top of hash brown potato patties, sourdough toast with butter and apricot jam, fresh pineapple chunks, coffee.

What's a "boudin sausage" Z? I have a feeling it's a New Orleans thing?

Bad girl big breakfast for me today.....The most delicious thick apple wood smoked bacon, two fried eggs on top of hash brown potato patties, sourdough toast with butter and apricot jam, fresh pineapple chunks, coffee.

It is a Louisiana/Mississippi thing. Pork and rice sausage with a hint of heat. I cooked it in the oven for an hour at 275°. It was delicious. If I hadn't been so busy stuffing my face, I'd have made a couple of over easy eggs to go with it.

I only cooked one of the 3 links and it was a big breakfast. The 3 links totalled one pound.

Your breakfast sounds yummy too!

It is a Louisiana/Mississippi thing. Pork and rice sausage with a hint of heat. I cooked it in the oven for an hour at 275°. It was delicious. If I hadn't been so busy stuffing my face, I'd have made a couple of over easy eggs to go with it.

I only cooked one of the 3 links and it was a big breakfast. The 3 links totalled one pound.

Your breakfast sounds yummy too!

lately, different sausages in my diet have jazzed my meals. i'm seeing that a bit of sausage can make bland and ho hum disappear like magic in a new orleans moment, for example...:)that said, different types of sausage are hard to find where i live. if it wasn't for johnsonville, i wouldn't have any andouille style sausages to buy at all. chorizo has just now finally shown up on kroger's shelves, and only sporadically. your boudin sausage sounds delicious, zee. one day my local market will wake up and smell the (boudin) sausages. well maybe, one can only hope....:)

leftover turkey meatballs on wonder white, lots of grated parm.

gotta love leftovers for breakfast. the meatballs were so good i could have eaten them cold.

lately, different sausages in my diet have jazzed my meals. i'm seeing that a bit of sausage can make bland and ho hum disappear like magic in a new orleans moment, for example...:)that said, different types of sausage are hard to find where i live. if it wasn't for johnsonville, i wouldn't have any andouille style sausages to buy at all. chorizo has just now finally shown up on kroger's shelves, and only sporadically. your boudin sausage sounds delicious, zee. one day my local market will wake up and smell the (boudin) sausages. well maybe, one can only hope....:)

Andouille is next on my list to try.

Breakfast was Taylor ham (pork roll), buttermilk biscuits (Pillsbury) and over easy eggs.

img_1047504_0_314522b786bb4dd818735b631a0bb646.jpg

Breakfast sandwich on a toasted hard roll with bacon, ham, egg, cheese.

I may make some of those buttermilk tube biscuits (they come 4 tubes to the pack) and put some fried taylor ham on it. YUM

Piping Hot Coffee & Chicory.....Biscuits and Sawmill gravy. ~ Good ting the gravy had extra sausage in it, or the litle brown-eyed girls biscuits would have levitated about 18 in above the plate....Scrambled eggs....Softer than a gran-ma's heart!

Back
Top Bottom