What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people can eat oatmeal even when it's hot weather. Not me. As much as I like it, I need cooler weather to enjoy it. It's 65 and rainy today! I really like oatmeal with fresh blueberries mixed in, so I had a bowl of oatmeal and blueberries...or was it a bowl of blueberries with oatmeal?

20220906_142118.jpg

That's one serving, right, Andy? LOL! I bought a box of the regular donuts last week after not buying Entenmenn's bakery for a long time. Sure were sinfully delicious.

That's one serving, right, Andy? LOL! I bought a box of the regular donuts last week after not buying Entenmenn's bakery for a long time. Sure were sinfully delicious.

Sadly, It’s more than I can handle in one sitting. It I did polish it off more quickly than I should have.

Recent breakfasts have been pawpaw, picked straight from the tree.
And left overs from dinner

I actually had the oomph to make breakfast this morning!
It's a bit tricky cooking with appliances of which only one at a time can be used.
First, heat up the griddle, when the green light comes on plunk in 3 mushroom caps filled with butter and close the lid. Turn off griddle.
Start toast is toaster oven. When finished, turn griddle back on. Butter toast, cover one slice with some cheese, place 2nd pc of toast on top to keep warm.
Crack egg onto griddle, salt, pepper, bit of crumpled tarragon, wait a couple of minutes and flip egg.
Place mushroom caps on toast with cheese, flip egg on top.
Enjoyed very very much.
Even having a wonderful cup of coffee, first in many days as the taste hadn't been there.

Only thing I didn't have the energy for was to fetch some bacon from freezer. Would have been too much effort to dig it out.

Looks delicious ?
Showed our 23 year old daughter how to roll an omelet on the table top grill....Ham & pepper jack.

In October someone gave me a cast iron pan for Æbleskiver. I made them for breakfast today with lingon berry jelly:
A few days ahead of me. My daughter just got in from Maryland ( after a day of plane delays ...). One of our father/. daughter traditions has always been making Ebleskivers together. Made some homemade / home grown currant/ raspberry jelly today to go with the Ebleskivers we will be making within the next few days before she goes home (for breakfast.).

Well, Christmas morning I had 2 French press coffees, a 7-inch round waffle, two basted eggs, 4 slices of bacon, 4 breakfast snausages, home fries, and an orange mimosa (as opposed to a pineapple mimosa).

Today it will be back to Grape-Nuts Flakes with sliced banana and Ovaltine, cold.

Back
Top Bottom