What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you for that link. I have saved the recipe. Now I'm just wondering if there is a use for leftover Hollandaise. I know it can't be reheated, but can it be used cold? It would be hard to cut that recipe down from the cup and a half that it makes, since there is a single egg yoke in the ingredient list.
It might be good as a dressing for a cold pasta salad.

Amazon makes some pretty good copycat breakfast cereals under their Happy Belly trademark at a comparatively low price.

I wonder what their trademark for toilet paper is?

Up early as usual.

A cold, blustery, April morning!

A perfect morning for a steaming bowl of microwave egg drop soup.

1 1/2 cups water
1 packet GOYA chicken flavored bouillon
1/4 t sesame oil
1 t soy sauce
2 T frozen corn kernels
A good shake of dehydrated onion and black pepper
1 egg

Combine everything except the egg in a covered Pyrex container and microwave on high for 3 minutes. While the soup is heating beat egg in a measuring cup with a fork. Drizzle egg ribbons into the boiling soup and wait 1 minute.

This is a simple favorite when the cupboard is getting bare and I don’t have ‘the spoons’ to go to the store.

A bowl of greens and diced baked sweet potatoes and a bowl of 9 grain flakes with blackberry puree and raisins, cinnamon, ground chia/flax.

This morning it was a bacon and butter clogging delight.

Bacon - mushrooms - onion - little tiny smashed potatoes
Over easy egg - warmed up mini-naan bread in the leftover fats, slipped under the egg.

Weekdays it's usually just cold cereal, sometimes with banana, blueberries, strawberries, etc, and a glass of Ovaltine. My favorite cereal is Grape-Nuts Flakes. If the weather is cold (by San Diego standards) I will make old fashioned oatmeal, usually flavoured with cinnamon and brown sugar or real maple syrup.

Now on Sundays I make brunch, which varies with my mood. Sometimes I will make a frittata, sometimes a copycat grand slam, or I have been known to make a 3 egg, mushroom cheesesteak omelette. This past Sunday it was Loco Moco and Hawaiian macaroni salad. Hawaiian meals are big on carbs, but contrary to popular belief, everything Hawaiian doe not have pineapple in it or on it. There is no pineapple in Loco Moco or Hawaiian macaroni salad. I don't want to take up a whole bunch of bandwidth, but if you want the recipes for either or both, I can PM them for you, or lead me by the hand to the recipes folder.

Been having these for a few days for breakfast.
A toasted and buttered English muffin. Topped with American cheese and then under the broiler.

cheese_english_muffin_072823_IMG_1331.jpg

Will have 2 poached eggs but would like some bacon so might just use a fry pan.
Made my first English muffins yesterday (on the griddle) not bad, burnt a couple, flavour is spot on, just need work on the technique.
All that to say I'll have a split English muffin with the bacon and eggs. :-p

Back
Top Bottom