What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, think of it along the lines of "heated salmon".
It's only been about 15 years since I last tasted heated salmon. I was visiting my sister in California and we went out to lunch with some of her friends. The resto had a table d'hote and the appetizer was "fire kissed salmon tartar". They assured me that it was just a little bit on the outside, done with a blow torch. I scraped off all of the bits that were visibly heated. I tasted a bit that looked raw. Yuck. I tasted a bit from further in. Yuck. My sister had no complaints about getting an extra salmon appetizer.

Blueberry oatmeal pancakes this morning. I also put vanilla, egg, and buttermilk in the batter. Topped with a drizzle of raw homey and maple syrup.

20230820_145105.jpg

Not fond of "blood sausage" then Dragn?? :ROFLMAO: Bit of an acquired taste I think! (I am surprised I like it, as I am fairly squeamish!) Have you tried it? (My American friend is coming over for a second visit next month and I am trying (mostly in vain) to persuade her to try it!) I don't like the type that has big lumps of fat in it :sick: - but the sausage itself I find very tasty!

Also, after that lot, not surprised you couldn't move! (I entirely approve of baked beans btw, but if I was having those, I would have to lose one of the other elements - just too much!)
No full English Breakfast for you?

Made grandson a scrambled egg and toast this morning, then I helped myself to some of last night's supper, (tator tot casserole) and the dessert, (peaches, blueberry crumble).

That was 7:30, then about 8:30, after they were picked up for swim lessons, I made myself a poached egg on 2 hash brown patties. Very yummy.

Back
Top Bottom