What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brunch last Sunday was loco moco, Hawai'ian macaroni salad, tropical fruit salad, and a pineapple mimosa.

Brunch today was bacon, two basted eggs, blueberry waffles with strawberry compote, country hash browns, fruit salad, and a red wine spritzer.

Brie and tomato sandwich with everything bagel seasoning
Broodje brie, tomaat en everything bagel seasoning.jpg

Brunch was a strip steak pan-fried in butter with a splash of Maggi seasoning sauce just before serving. I also had several Trader Joe's everything but the bagel crackers with Trader Joe's brie and cave-aged blue cheese.
strip_steak_091823_IMG_1602.jpg

Nothing turns me off faster to a meal than the thought of l/o rot and an egg bleed. As The Stomach Turns.
Are you suggesting that a mushroom marsala sauce made at 10:30 PM last night and served this morning can be considered leftover rot? I guess there are a lot of people eating rotten food in restaurants, because I am quite sure some of it was prepared more than 10 hours before it was consumed.

Not nice to insinuate I eat (and serve to my husband) rotten food, tsk tsk.

LOL... "rot" is supposedly an abbreviation for 'rotisserie' and after the first couple of gasps I now recognize it for that but the visual it conjures in my brain still won't go away. That reference was from a post by Ginny.

runny eggs is perfectly acceptable to me as that is the term I and probably most people know, but to call it an egg bleed, which I'd never heard before, also conjures up something I would not want to see on my plate.

Jusa - I was not insinuating your meal was anything but delicious because your pictures clearly show they look divine. I'm sorry you mis-understood my meaning. I should have been more explicit.
As I am also sure Ginny's meal was equally delicious.
So here are some :flowers: :flowers: for the two of you.

ps, I love runny yolks too!

LOL... "rot" is supposedly an abbreviation for 'rotisserie' and after the first couple of gasps I now recognize it for that but the visual it conjures in my brain still won't go away. That reference was from a post by Ginny.

runny eggs is perfectly acceptable to me as that is the term I and probably most people know, but to call it an egg bleed, which I'd never heard before, also conjures up something I would not want to see on my plate.

Jusa - I was not insinuating your meal was anything but delicious because your pictures clearly show they look divine. I'm sorry you mis-understood my meaning. I should have been more explicit.
As I am also sure Ginny's meal was equally delicious.
So here are some :flowers: :flowers: for the two of you.

ps, I love runny yolks too!
It's okay. Thank you for the clarification and the flowers, LOL.

I got the "egg bleed" term from another forum and it doesn't seem odd to me at all, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom