What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was about to put some kind of pastries or sweet rolls on my grocery list for over the Christmas holiday but it's only me I need to have breakfast for. I ended up with a box of Bisquick from a bad delivery last month so this morning I had pancakes. And I'll probably have them the next day or so too.

But whoever mentioned blackberry jelly made me realize I just never eat toast anymore and I love blackberry jelly and I have some....

I was about to put some kind of pastries or sweet rolls on my grocery list for over the Christmas holiday but it's only me I need to have breakfast for. I ended up with a box of Bisquick from a bad delivery last month so this morning I had pancakes. And I'll probably have them the next day or so too.

But whoever mentioned blackberry jelly made me realize I just never eat toast anymore and I love blackberry jelly and I have some....
What about blackberry jelly on pancakes?

Grilled chicken sausage, eggs, avocado & tomatoes
20231227_064516.jpg

My husband had smoked some salmon (hot smoked, flaky filets) last week and I froze what we didn't eat right away. Yesterday I bought some "everything seasoning" bagels. This morning I made a bagel spread with warmed cream cheese, smoked salmon, diced shallot, capers, and fresh dill. It's a lot easier to eat without all of the toppings falling off with each bite. Oh and I topped it with fresh avocado slivers and a sprinkle of more of the "everything seasoning" on top. Yum!

Last edited:
I did something weird this past Sunday for brunch. I made a potato, Italian sausage, bell pepper, pepperoncini and grape tomato fritatta, then put it on a double layer of 10-inch whole wheat tortillas and folded it in half to make a breakfast taco. It was delicious, but it was also messy as all hell. I needed to take a shower afterwards.

Today it was thick cut oats, carrot slaw (w/apple and pineapple), blueberries, ground flax and chia, cinnamon.

I panini pressed some crusty bread with Gruyere and Kielbasa.... should have used the Emmental as the Kielbasa overpowered the Gruyere. who knew! I certainly didn't!
But nevertheless - still very yummy!

I made my husband a potato and onion hash, very crispy, then I tossed in some smoked lamb chunks from our pull-apart tender smoked leg of lamb from NYE (just until warmed) and topped it with two over-medium eggs (he likes his less runny than I do). He said it was superb!

I had oat groats made in the IP. They were okay, almost like a brown rice. I'm back to fermented 9 grain flakes which I like a little bit more, with carrot slaw and blueberries, flax/chia/cinnamon.

I made my hubby two over-medium eggs on top of a sandwich bun with turkey and cheese. He's going to his cousin's house to help rack the wine they are making. Needs protein!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom