What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a bunch we are! We all know how to make virtually anything that comes into our little minds, and yet, we are so busy that we eat leftover pizza, or onion soup, or old waffles, just to get something in our bellies before flying off to work. We truly are - Slaves to the Wage. :LOL::cry: I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I save my days off for playing with food, days I work...I've got someplace to be and 10 hour shifts...too busy getting my Bentos set up for the week. More interested in eating well at work.

What a bunch we are! We all know how to make virtually anything that comes into our little minds, and yet, we are so busy that we eat leftover pizza, or onion soup, or old waffles, just to get something in our bellies before flying off to work. We truly are - Slaves to the Wage. :LOL::cry: I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I take exception to your including leftover pizza in your post!

I am not employed, I can cook and I consider leftover pizza for breakfast an item worthy of a Lucullan feast!:ermm::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Goodweed--I work from home--so I don't fly out the door--I do have drag my butt out of bed to get on line on time, but that's only a 5-second trip and I can take a break to eat...then when the sun comes up, I have to take a break to go get eggs and let the girls out (I just have to stop watching them and go back to work!). I just like "non" breakfast foods! I'm not a breakfast person...and I don't think there should be expectations about one eats in the morning...I love peach cream pie or wild blueberry pie for breakfast (when it is in season) and leftover pizza has always been one of my favs!

Last edited:
I save my days off for playing with food, days I work...I've got someplace to be and 10 hour shifts...too busy getting my Bentos set up for the week. More interested in eating well at work.
Thanks to the McQuinty government and "Time of Use" meters, I do my "big cooking" on the weekend (although, I could cook stuff while working from 2-7 a.m. -but I'm not that organized). I plan my meals, including what I can eat for breakfast, on Thursdays. And, other than heating things up in the microwave or on the stovetop, that's all the cooking I do for 7 days. I MISS cookling. I get to start cooking Friday evenings at 7:00 p.m. and have to be done by 7:00 a.m. Monday. A challenge to be sure. Chirp-chirp-s/one in Poland has IM'd me. sigh, back to work.

i am retired, no slave to the wage here. i love onion soup and enjoyed it for breakfast, very much. today i had top ramen. it was tasty also, bit to salty but good. actually it was breakfast and lunch.

i am retired, no slave to the wage here. i love onion soup and enjoyed it for breakfast, very much. today i had top ramen. it was tasty also, bit to salty but good. actually it was breakfast and lunch.

I decided I didn't like the extra saltiness, so I add about 1/4 C more water than it calls for.

1 slice of honey wheat bread, toasted with pbj & 3 slices of crisp bacon, blueberry greek yogurt & coffee with a shot of espresso & french vanilla coffeemate.

Still not feeling 100% so I figured I needed something more solid. Breakfast was a bacon and egg sandwich.

I signed up for the Walmart trip at 10AM. I really need stuff. Hopefully I'll be functional enough.

I have been doing a lot of cheese omlets for breakfast with pumpernickle bread. Easy, fast, requires no inspiration.

I had a bowl of Life cereal today. I normally just start the day with coffee, but I needed to take some painkillers and that requires food in the belly.

This is a never ending problem for me. I take exercise classes several mornings/wk, and eating too much too close to exercise time can cause embarrassing problems, especially in Pilates. But as I get older, I'm simply not hungry earlier. But I really do know it isn't good for a body to NOT eat until 11 or so. So I've tried many things. When I was younger I'd just eat a big bowl of noodles, soup, or leftovers. Now I'd never make it through an exercise class with that much in me!

I still prefer my glass of skim milk at home, then a big mug of low sodium V-8 at work.

There was a time I enjoyed ice cream for breakfast. And if it was Jamoca Almond Fudge, it incorporated all the major food groups, including chocolate and coffee. Haven't done that for awhile.

I still prefer my glass of skim milk at home, then a big mug of low sodium V-8 at work.

There was a time I enjoyed ice cream for breakfast. And if it was Jamoca Almond Fudge, it incorporated all the major food groups, including chocolate and coffee. Haven't done that for awhile.
never heard of that kind of ice cream. My favorite is Butter Pecan

Vanilla Bean said:
never heard of that kind of ice cream. My favorite is Butter Pecan

An old standby here, we used to have a Whitey's. Coffee ice cream with thick ribbons of fudge and whole almonds.

Butter pecan or butter brickle will also do!

An old standby here, we used to have a Whitey's. Coffee ice cream with thick ribbons of fudge and whole almonds.

Butter pecan or butter brickle will also do!
Mocha almond fudge ice cream is my favorite but I have a difficult time finding it anywhere.

Lunch for me was a 20 oz. iced vanilla caramel latte & a chocolate chip cookie.:pig:

simonbaker said:
Mocha almond fudge ice cream is my favorite but I have a difficult time finding it anywhere.

Lunch for me was a 20 oz. iced vanilla caramel latte & a chocolate chip cookie.:pig:

Since Whitey's left, I haven't found anything like it either. Probably a good thing! :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom