What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
White Christmas tea and English muffin with cream cheese and chives, then as I finished in walked dh with a doughnut :LOL: Ahh life is good.
kades

We usually eat the same thing for breakfast every day. Eggs, toast, maple turkey bacon, oatmeal. Today we combined the eggs and toast and had french toast with turkey bacon and oatmeal, how exciting!

Sorry, Sir Loin, but I need to ask what barbacoa is. Reading this before breakfast has created a drool event. :ohmy:

beef barbacoa is TexMex style beef, cooked low and slow, shredded with two forks, then reheated. I can buy it already cooked and packaged at my local warehouse store, which makes it much more convenient.

Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
  • 1 (2 1/4-pound) boneless chuck, trimmed
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 300°.

Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub oregano mixture evenly over beef. Heat a large Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Add 1 cup water and garlic to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Cover and bake at 300° for 3 hours or until beef is very tender. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.

Skim fat from surface of broth. Remove beef; shred with 2 forks. Return beef to pan; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Simmer mixture 3 minutes or until liquid evaporates; stir in lime juice. Reduce heat to medium, and cook beef 3 minutes or until crisp in spots.

I have the same breakfast every morning. A handful of pills. Oh joy!!! Would anyone care to come for breakfast at my house?

I have the same breakfast and bedtime snack. A small kicker in the afternoon. I think the doctor has it in mind to fill me up with pills and water and I won't eat any of those things I'm not supposed to.

I have the same breakfast and bedtime snack. A small kicker in the afternoon. I think the doctor has it in mind to fill me up with pills and water and I won't eat any of those things I'm not supposed to.

I find the handful of pills I take to be very fattening but, not very filling.

My Doc. says they promote weight gain and then he tells me to lose weight!

An over educated cat playing with a poor old mouse!:ermm:

I find the handful of pills I take to be very fattening but, not very filling.

My Doc. says they promote weight gain and then he tells me to lose weight!

An over educated cat playing with a poor old mouse!:ermm:

The Doctor was going to recommend a pill with the biggest side effect being weight gain, I told him "absolutely not." I want to handle my diabetes differently, a medication that will promote weight loss and manage my blood sugars. It's not front line, but it should be.

The medications we take must be in our best interest and we have the right to say "no" if one isn't working for us.

Decided to make today's breakfast a little more special. I made blueberry coffee cake to go with our bacon and omelet. The omelet consisted of tiny cubed potatoes, chopped green pepper, shallot, jalapeno pepper, green onion, mixed with shredded colby-jack cheese. Turned out really, really good. We washed it down with orange juice and coffee.

Today for Sunday Brunch I am preparing a mixed fruit salad with creme fraiche, huevos rancheros suprema with fresh chorizo and whole pinto beans, Mexican rice, and mimosas made with fresh squeezed California Navel orange juice and Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante

Back
Top Bottom