What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lately my thing has been a half English muffin with a small smear of PB&J. Several days a week I take a 9 a.m. exercise class, and especially when it is pilates, I don't like to eat before. So quite often I "brunch", that is to say I just eat a lunch type meal at 10:30-11:00 a.m.

A bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal with milk and sliced strawberries - the first of the season from the farm stand.

Great grains pean cereal with skim milk & coffee, oh & a couple of mini crullers donuts.

Well, for the past three days, hospital food without salt or butter. Oh joy. Can life get anymore exciting?

Addie said:
Well, for the past three days, hospital food without salt or butter. Oh joy. Can life get anymore exciting?

Oh no, Addie! Are you OK? When do you come home? What happened?

Partly. I have been working really hard on getting all my numbers down. But I failed to tell anyone important what I was doing. Like my doctor. My A1c for diabetes was 6.0. Perfect. Cholesterol numbers were right on the money. And my blood pressure went down also. In fact it went down so much, the top number was in the 80's. As a result, my heart was working too hard, and I was having a hard time staying conscious. So while I was in the hospital, they ran all kinds of tests, and adjusted my meds accordingly. They even checked my blood vessels to see if the five stents I had were still working. I am in good shape there also.

I am home now and all is well. I went in Saturday and came home today. I really feel good. I even lost some weight. Lesson learned. Scared the heck out of everyone in the building though. Anytime a heart patient here in Boston calls for an ambulance, they always send two ambulances. One for backup and one for the patient. And If there is a lot traffic, the second one is used to create openings for the one with the actual patient in it. When they saw two ambulances, they though there had been an accident somewhere. Nope, just little ole me. :chef:

Last edited:
Addie said:
Partly. I have been working really hard on getting all my numbers down. But I failed to tell anyone important what I was doing. Like my doctor. My A1c for diabetes was 6.0. Perfect. Cholesterol numbers were right on the money. And my blood pressure went down also. In fact it went down so much, the top number was in the 80's. As a result, my heart was working too hard, and I was having a hard time staying conscious. So while I was in the hospital, they ran all kinds of tests, and adjusted my meds accordingly. They even checked my blood vessels to see if the five stents I had were still working. I am in good shape there also.

I am home now and all is well. I went in Saturday and came home today. I really feel good. I even lost some weight. Lesson learned. Scared the heck out of everyone in the building though. Anytime a heart patient here in Boston calls for an ambulance, they always send two ambulances. One for backup and one for the patient. And If there is a lot traffic, the second one is used to create openings for the one with the actual patient in it. When they saw two ambulances, they though there had been an accident somewhere. Nope, just little ole me. :chef:

Well, thank goodness you're doing OK and feeling better! Welcome back!

Oh my!!! Take care, I have yet to take an ambulance ride...it's faster for me to have Shrek drive me, just a one way trip, since the ambulance comes from the hospital...:LOL: I don't even want to think of my stent quitting working and I don't think Shrek can handle another emergency heart cath.

Eggs with ketchup, toast with nuetella, coffee with coffeemate & a pan fried, cut up, smoked bratwurst.

international leftovers this morning after work.

a little of each: chinese shrimp in lobster sauce, portugese yellow rice, and japanese miso soup, and a small salad with ginger dressing.

international leftovers this morning after work.

a little of each: chinese shrimp in lobster sauce, portugese yellow rice, and japanese miso soup, and a small salad with ginger dressing.

now there's an appetizing combo of goodies that would make a yummy meal any time of day, bt....:)

lol, i had a hard nght. video on demand problems all night.

i'm too tired to make or even get breakfast, so it's a sort of a clean out the fridge morning.

Back
Top Bottom