What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
egg burrito - 3 minute microwaved bacon -
scrambled egg
on a fry pan heated/bubbled tortilla . . .
with a sprinkle of grated 4-Mex cheese.

this is a 5-6 minute prep breakfast
- start one fry pan heating to toast the (flour) tortilla
- start one fry pan heating slower to scramble the egg
- make the bacon (paper towels on a plate, one covering) for 3 minutes (2 pcs) - adjust for microwave power . . .

while the tortilla is toasting/flipping . . .
scramble the egg

tortilla down
bacon down
scramble egg down
sprinkle with cheese
fold&wrap, use toothpick to hold closed . . .
allow to stand 2-3 minutes for cheese to melt.

I suppose I should someday take some pix . . . it does go really quick tho . . .

Found a bakery that makes Challah bread, a virtually unknown thing where I live. And I love it so much!
View attachment 68354
Had it with butter and homemade strawberry jam this morning, delightful!
Just FYI, a Jewish friend told me that challah means bread, so challah bread is redundant.

Signed,
Your friendly DC pedant 😉

When we both feel good, DH and I have been going to a local diner for breakfast on Sundays. Today was one of those days. I got my usual 4-egg Western Omelet with cubed hash browns, sausage patties and a muffin. DH got a BLT on marble rye toast with shredded hash browns topped with grilled onions. I only eat half of this, so I have another breakfast ready to heat up tomorrow.

IMG_3116.jpg

Right, but as it is unknown here there's no way to specify this specific preparation of bread without calling it challah.

Right, but as it is unknown here there's no way to specify this specific preparation of bread without calling it Challah.
Yes. I'm saying you can just call it challah, not challah bread.

Sunday Brunch today was a potato, bacon, sausage, and pepperoncini frittata topped with shredded five Italian cheese blend, fruit salad, Italian toast, and a mimosa made with fresh squeezed orange juice.

GG, what's in a Western omelet? I'm curious if it is the same as what's in a Western omelet around here, Greater Montreal.

Yes. I'm saying you can just call it challah, not challah bread.
Didn't know that Thanks! That's like people saying "I used the ATM machine."
which is really saying "I used the Automatic Teller Machine machine."

LOL I always have a tiny pause when I say ATM, trying not to say machine.

Bakery-seeded rye toast, Taylor ham, and over-easy egg.

taylor_ham_egg_rye_031624_1_IMG_2461.jpg

Back
Top Bottom