"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #4211
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you CWS & Addie. Ther other day for lunch I had alot (3 C.) of diced watermelon & a c of grapes. It ended up being 33 grams of carbs! I was horrified! Fruit doesn't stay with me & I feel hungry sooner.
That is not good. What can we find that is low in carb, yet filling and quick and easy to fix. Breakfast and lunch I realize those two meals have to be easy and quick to fix. But at the same time I would like to see you eat a variety. You can get bored very quickly eating the same thing every day. What about keeping hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick snack?

Okay troops. Suggestions are welcome.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #4212
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
That is not good. What can we find that is low in carb, yet filling and quick and easy to fix. Breakfast and lunch I realize those two meals have to be easy and quick to fix. But at the same time I would like to see you eat a variety. You can get bored very quickly eating the same thing every day. What about keeping hard boiled eggs on hand for a quick snack?

Okay troops. Suggestions are welcome.
I eat the whites but not the yolks, and only hot. I cannot bring myself to eat cold eggs. I make myself egg white sandwichs sometimes. I tried eating beef jerky for awhile, didn't overly care for it & so high in sodium. I snack on nuts sometimes but dislike that they are so high in fat. It gets frustrating sometimes! thanks for your input...much appreciated!

Old 08-23-2013, 11:39 PM   #4213
Executive Chef

Quote:
I eat the whites but not the yolks, and only hot. I cannot bring myself to eat cold eggs. I make myself egg white sandwichs sometimes. I tried eating beef jerky for awhile, didn't overly care for it & so high in sodium. I snack on nuts sometimes but dislike that they are so high in fat. It gets frustrating sometimes! thanks for your input...much appreciated!
I eat 1/4 cup of nuts each day and I am still able to drop pounds. I think it is good fat and protein that a body needs. I also eat a lot of chicken and veggies. For me, eating veggies for my carbs is the way to go, and the fat isn't as big of a deal. I have cut out almost all bread, but I do eat it one day a week-usually I choose to have pizza. Cutting way back on bread and sweets has helped me drop 35 pounds since the end of February. Keep paying attention to what it is you are putting into your body, and don't beat yourself up if you add a little too much. In the long run you will do just fine. Good luck in your quest, and pm me if you need a lift or encouragement.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #4214
Chef Extraordinaire

Gee, you have done so well Chops, great how you lay off the bread too

I don't eat loads of bread myself, but I have been naughty and started eating a few biscuits and some Lindt chocolate lately...but as long as it is in moderation

If I start to gain weight, I pull right back
Old 08-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #4215
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What do you eat for dinner? Or do you skip that? Haven't seen much about that...
Old 08-24-2013, 01:30 AM   #4216
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Cutting way back on bread and sweets has helped me drop
Ditto here since June 2012. I don't have a scale, but I know I have shrunk 2+ sizes and have friends who now call me either skinny or slim.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #4217
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I cooked us up a three egg omelet with smoked gouda in the middle with roasted grape tomatoes and asparagus. Cut that in half.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #4218
Executive Chef

I find myself tiring of lox, bagel, cream cheese and onions. Today I had bacon, lettuce, tomato and fried egg (on bagel), tasted good.

I might switch back to the fried egg breakfast burrito soon (+cheese and hot sauce).
Old 08-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #4219
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There are a lot of recipes online for making breakfast sandwiches in advance, freezing, then thawing/heating in the microwave. Here's one, and it includes nutrition information. One of these and a piece of fruit would make a quick, healthy breakfast. http://www.theyummylife.com/Egg_McMu...mbedRecipe_234
Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #4220
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I eat 1/4 cup of nuts each day and I am still able to drop pounds. I think it is good fat and protein that a body needs. I also eat a lot of chicken and veggies. For me, eating veggies for my carbs is the way to go, and the fat isn't as big of a deal. I have cut out almost all bread, but I do eat it one day a week-usually I choose to have pizza. Cutting way back on bread and sweets has helped me drop 35 pounds since the end of February. Keep paying attention to what it is you are putting into your body, and don't beat yourself up if you add a little too much. In the long run you will do just fine. Good luck in your quest, and pm me if you need a lift or encouragement.
Good for you, chopper. I have also cut out almost all bread and pasta, white sugar. I eat a lot of veggies and of course eggs, very little dairy. You've lost 35 lb in 6 months, that is great! I like the slow and steady method of weight loss, myself. It gives a person time to learn new eating habits.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt