"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-24-2014, 02:38 AM   #4451
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
No, nothing lost. I gained 5 lbs over Christmas. Still working on getting the weight off. I took about a month off from tracking my food & I wasn t making the best choices. Just this week I started tracking what I eat, on-line, & have been at the gym every day this week. Big family get together planned in July, I am determined to get under that 200# mark.

I do need to get that protein back in my breakfasts, I just love those muffins! Another banana nut one w coffee today for breakfast.

It's wonderful to get back into it & get your feedback Addie!!
I knew the holidays were going to be a problem. So I let you slide and enjoy them. But that is over and I am going to be on your case again. So expect to see me every day watching your progress. I don't know about you, but those words the doctor spoke to you that day haunt me. You have a very special daughter to finish raising. In a few years you will be shopping for that very special gown for the "Mother of the Bride!." And I want to see pics of you in it.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:54 AM   #4452
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Don't deprive yourself - that can make you go off-track. How about a half a muffin and a hard-boiled egg?
Good advice, thank you. I would eat the egg white, if it was warm, not the yolk.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:56 AM   #4453
Chef Extraordinaire

Cereal w/ 1% milk, lemon poppy seed muffin & coffee. I know I should have switched it up for light toast w/ peanut butter...tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #4454
Head Chef

Quote:
No, nothing lost. I gained 5 lbs over Christmas. Still working on getting the weight off. I took about a month off from tracking my food & I wasn t making the best choices. Just this week I started tracking what I eat, on-line, & have been at the gym every day this week. Big family get together planned in July, I am determined to get under that 200# mark.

I do need to get that protein back in my breakfasts, I just love those muffins! Another banana nut one w coffee today for breakfast.

It's wonderful to get back into it & get your feedback Addie!!
I know several people who have successfully lost weight by eating everything they wanted (within some reason of course) by just eating half of what they would have usually put on their plate. No deprivation just moderation.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #4455
Chef Extraordinaire

a small banana, 1/2 c fresh pineapple, 1 c watermelon, coffee & a very small caramel roll & 2 turkey sausage links
Old 01-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #4456
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I had a banana and a chocolate muffin with coffee. Midmorning I had half a mango.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #4457
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I had a banana and a chocolate muffin with coffee. Midmorning I had half a mango.
Tsk. Tsk. Where's the protein? (Asked fondly but never-the-less asked!)
Old 01-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #4458
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
Tsk. Tsk. Where's the protein? (Asked fondly but never-the-less asked!)
I save that for my lunch, as I have different health problems that must be addressed. I sincerely hope that was the last muffin that a well-meaning get-well wisher brought to me. I am a weakling when it comes to brownies, muffins, etc, especially as gifts. Back to my regular whole grain and veggie brekkies tomorrow.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #4459
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
a small banana, 1/2 c fresh pineapple, 1 c watermelon, coffee & a very small caramel roll & 2 turkey sausage links

Yea!!! Protein rules.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:47 AM   #4460
Executive Chef

Milk, strawberries and Kashi Autumn Wheat (small wheat woven squares). Wished I had a BLT+egg+bagel but gained some #s over the holidays and need to eat healthier. Not liking healthy food. Gimme a lox/bagel/onion and cream cheese any day. Like, tomorrow? (I think not. Don't got no lox.)

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt