"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 02-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #4481
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post

Is that TRUE????? Can that be legal? Can you point me to valid sources that speak to that? I'd appreciate it.
I'd be interested in more info, too, but a question for you, cave: Why would it be illegal for a doctor to refuse to see a particular patient? We're not talking about an emergency here.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:43 AM   #4482
Head Chef

You're right, GG-----I looked up the reasons a doctor can fire a patients and non-compliance is one of them. Maybe that can vary from state to state, I don't know.

Fire a Patient - Can a Doctor Fire a Patient?

Well, I still want more info, please. I've done my more-than-fair share of firing doctors so I guess turn about is fair play.

Old 02-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #4483
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Is that TRUE????? Can that be legal? Can you point me to valid sources that speak to that? I'd appreciate it.

Devil's Advocate asks---- wouldn't that just lead to patients lying to their doctors?----- which should NEVER be done.

Devil's Advocate asks---- would said doctors be able to hack into their patients credit card accounts to see what they''re spending money on? Cigarettes? Jim Beam? Twinkies? Would they need a warrant to do that?

You can see where I'm going with that.
It has not been decided yet, I read about the campaign on either MedPage Today or Medscape, you will have to register to read the articles.

Doctors are seeing their patients admit either in word or pictures on social media. They don't even have to look at credit card info, etc.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #4484
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It has not been decided yet, I read about the campaign on either MedPage Today or Medscape, you will have to register to read the articles.

Doctors are seeing their patients admit either in word or pictures on social media. They don't even have to look at credit card info, etc.
I bolded another reason to stay away from FB or from any social media with intimate details of what meds you're taking, your doctor or ..........certainly under your real name! Thats why User Names were invented------ but still not a good idea.

I get daily updates from both MedPage and Medscape. Any clue about when that article was posted? Ballpark?
Old 02-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #4485
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It was last week, titled something like "Can a Doctor Fire patients for Non-compliance". The case study was about a doc who saw his liver transplant hopeful in the bar drinking in a video. The comments section on that story was quite the education.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:22 PM   #4486
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It was last week, titled something like "Can a Doctor Fire patients for Non-compliance". The case study was about a doc who saw his liver transplant hopeful in the bar drinking in a video. The comments section on that story was quite the education.
Thanks!--- I found it. On Medscape. And the comments were spot on---- meaning that there's a myriad of reasons both pro and con about that issue.

I had an M.D. as a patient once who also studied for a law degree. That's almost what docs need now-a-days.

(That doctor eventually became a doctor who helped people sue their doctors! Then later, several years after his wife died, became the doctor on a cruise line. Met many attractive single women/widows there! )
Old 02-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #4487
Chef Extraordinaire

Out the door in a rush w 1/2 banana nut muffin & a coffee
Old 02-15-2014, 03:43 PM   #4488
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Out the door in a rush w 1/2 banana nut muffin & a coffee
Thanks for getting this thread back on track! I'm the worst offender so I actually mean---- thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't hi-jack. But it's what my circular thinking does. Sorry.

"Hello. My name is cave76 and I'm a hi-jacker"
Old 02-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #4489
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Thanks for getting this thread back on track! I'm the worst offender so I actually mean---- thanks for reminding me that I shouldn't hi-jack. But it's what my circular thinking does. Sorry.

"Hello. My name is cave76 and I'm a hi-jacker"
Hello! Welcome to DC great place to have fun & get inspired!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:02 PM   #4490
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Hello! Welcome to DC great place to have fun & get inspired!
Thanks. Now where's the coffee?

DRAT! I did it again! Back to the First Step! Sigh.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt