What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rice cakes with creamy peanut putter warmed in the micro. PB melts right down into the rice cake. And the PB tastes like roasted peanuts. Also a couple cups of coffee. :yum:

That's a good-looking omelette. :idea:! Usually have a bowl of Kashi and milk, but since I had some of the famous DC Mushrooms Gratin (white buttons, garlic & Swiss) left over from last night, I put the 'shrooms on rye bread and toasted it. Garlic for breakfast, mmmm.

The last two mornings I have had the luxury of fresh squeezed orange juice using my trusty Sunkist milk glass juicer. Now I am ready for a fresh bag of bargain citrus from the no frills store and back to eating one a day. Citrus is the best thing about winter!

Mixed fruit salad with creme fraishe, salami, pepperoni, mushroom, pepperoncini and 5 cheese fritatta with grandma's sauce, sourdough garlic bread, coffee and mimosas with Cook's California champagne and fresh squeezed navel orange juice

Wow, I was kidding, but it must be nice to get eggs that fresh! Living in an apartment, I guess you tend to forget that other people have such luxuries.
But you don't have to shovel snow...there are definitely trade offs. I plan on finishing my life either as an apartment dweller or in assisted living...shoveling snow gets old very fast.

But you don't have to shovel snow...there are definitely trade offs. I plan on finishing my life either as an apartment dweller or in assisted living...shoveling snow gets old very fast.
Ohhhh.. I know what it is to shovel. I have only lived here a little over 6 years. Mom said they got over a foot of snow last weekend in NY state.

Chive and (Land O Lakes) American cheese omelet (a little browner than I like) with sliced tomato on the side.

img_1097509_0_21e3471a2f6f8ab4e65927b12e06ffca.jpg

Breakfast has been a problem for me for years. I'm an early riser for the most part, and know I should eat. Obviously, since I'm on the site, I love to eat. But, although I am a morning person, I'm not a breakfast person. I used to eat ramen noodles, but am not that crazy for them any more (nutrition none, empty calories). I know this sounds weird, but I've been trying to have a container of Activia or some fruit ... but when I do that, I find myself hungry for the rest of the morning. How can food make you MORE hungry?

Back
Top Bottom