"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 01-25-2015, 11:48 AM   #4851
Senior Cook

had 2 eggs over hard with white american cheese on them, 2 home made breakfast sausage links, 2 pieces of bacon, an onion bagel {thomas's}, turkey hash, and a bowl of home fries cooked up with onions and mushrooms...

oh and a glass of nesquick.... made from the syrup with skim milk...

Now I am resting my heart....

Old 01-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #4852
Head Chef

Quite an unusual brunch for me today. Had artisan toast (potato & rosemary bread) with goose rillette on one slice and beef jerky slices and gouda cheese on the other.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #4853
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking4to View Post
had 2 eggs over hard with white american cheese on them, 2 home made breakfast sausage links, 2 pieces of bacon, an onion bagel {thomas's}, turkey hash, and a bowl of home fries cooked up with onions and mushrooms...

oh and a glass of nesquick.... made from the syrup with skim milk...

Now I am resting my heart....
Not heard of turkey hash...is that something you buy or make? Minced turkey? I am in UK - corned beef hash is the norm here. Just did a quick search...cooked turkey, potatoes and egg?
Old 01-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #4854
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Not heard of turkey hash...is that something you buy or make? Minced turkey? I am in UK - corned beef hash is the norm here. Just did a quick search...cooked turkey, potatoes and egg?
We have a large array of turkey recipes in the US, since once a year we cook a turkey large enough to feed the neighborhood and then try and think of what to do with all the leftover, lol..
if you googled turkey hash you were probably bombarded with recipes, I dont see how someone could not get it edible, its simple.. I like this Cooking: Hash Times Three - The Boston Globe I have also made guy fieri's version which is also delicious..

very similar to the normal hash just shredded turkey, and maybe sweet potatoes...
Old 01-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #4855
Head Chef

Bacon stuffed rolls, cheese omelet,sausage,taters.

Old 01-25-2015, 01:38 PM   #4856
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The other day I made chicken broth with rendered fat from the fat and skin and the bones from a chicken breast, removed any of the stuck on meat, chopped and returned it to the broth, added:diced 1/2 cup onion and 1 cup diced mushrooms, Now here it becomes fuzzy, I know I added about two teaspoons of dried chives. I cooked this all down until the broth was cooked away and stashed the remains in the fridge. made about 1/2 cup.

Breakfast this morning: 1 egg, 2 egg yolks scrambled. I heated up about half of the chicken concoction and added in the eggs to cook up.

While quite ugly to look at it was amazing in taste...made a Virgin Mary with the left over egg whites. Probably blew my protein and carb macros for the day.
Old 01-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #4857
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by salt and pepper View Post
Bacon stuffed rolls, cheese omelet,sausage,taters.

them rolls look amazing, you are about the best cook I have seen on here, I like looking at your pictures...
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM   #4858
Head Chef

Made some silver dollars w/ raw honey...

Old 02-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #4859
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Pretty ugly, gloomy, rainy day here today so having a pleasant breakfast was a positive start to our day.

We had Belgian-style yeast waffles (recipe compliments of the nice folks at King Arthur Flour), fried pork sausage patties, orange juice, coffee.

The waffle batter can be made the night before and refrigerated, which I think makes them better. Each section is pretty substantial and we could only eat 3 each, along with the other breakfast foods. They are beautiful waffles and, best of all, there are enough left to have another yummy breakfast.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #4860
Chef Extraordinaire

Yesterday was grated cauliflower "rice," a vegetarian "sausage" patty topped with a poached egg. I've been on a cauliflower rice kick this week...maybe it's me, but I prefer the purple cauliflower...I know it isn't supposed to taste different, but it seems to have less of that strong taste people don't like re: white cauliflower.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt