What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning I am having my first real brekkie for 10 wks, grilled Manx kippers with malt vinegar and 1 slice of wholemeal toast.

Today I had bread pudding for breakfast with two huge Ca tablets, 1 Vitamin C, 1 Vitamin A, and Earl Grey tea.

We had leftover chicken from last night so it was chicken and waffles for breakfast this morning.

Attachments

• chicken-and-waffles.jpg
    chicken-and-waffles.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 250
Tomorrow will be sour cream pancakes with bacon. These things are so light, you could eat a dozen and want more.

Craig

A grilled whole wheat tortilla spread with crunchy peanut butter, sprinkled with grape nuts cereal then put a banana in it & rolled it up.

We had leftover chicken from last night so it was chicken and waffles for breakfast this morning.

I have never understood the attraction to fried chicken and waffles as a combination dish! I know it has a huge following in the south, but it's just something I can't wrap my head around as a mixture of flavors. :wacko:

Fried, salty, vanilla, sweet, maple (or fruity), crispy, buttery... too many things going on, but those that have tried it, seem to really like it.

Last edited:
I have never understood the attraction to fried chicken and waffles as a combination dish! I know it has a huge following in the south, but it's just something I can't wrap my head around as a mixture of flavors. :wacko:

Fried, salty, vanilla, sweet, maple (or fruity), crispy, buttery... too many things going on, but those that have tried it, seem to really like it.

I guess it's kinda like a Reuben sandwich, you just have to try it in order to appreciate it.

This morning I made Turkey bacon, over medium eggs, northern beans potato pancakes and buttermilk biscuits. Now I think we'll be set until supper.

Attachments

• breakfast04162011.jpg
    breakfast04162011.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Buttermilk-Biscuits.jpg
    Buttermilk-Biscuits.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 254
Kind of a big breakfast for us, but I usually do a little more and make it a bit more special on Sunday.

We had blackberry cream cheese coffee cake, soft scrambled eggs, baked blood sausage, orange juice and coffee. Yum.

The blood sausage is a ring sausage in a natural casing of which the sausage is made of pork, rice and a variety of seasonings. I get it from a butcher in northern Minnesota. It's soul food for me and it was goooooood!

Sliced strawberries, uncured, apple smoked bacon, scrambled eggs with shredded sharp cheddar, pumpernickel toast with farmer's cheese spread and coffee.

This morning I made Turkey bacon, over medium eggs, northern beans potato pancakes and buttermilk biscuits. Now I think we'll be set until supper.

I have never heard of Great Northern Beans as a side dish for breakfast. Is that a southern tradition? :chef:

Oh, that looks good!!

Last edited:
yesterday i had an egg salad sandwich on toasted bread, this am it was french toast, sausage and big glass of milk. the egg salad was a nice change for more conventional eggs.

Went out for breakfast after dialysis, had country potatoes and egg with runny yolk, sour dough toast, bacon. Yummy
kades:)

I've been eating open faced egg sandwiches with egg, whole wheat toast and whatever I find in the fridge.

Back
Top Bottom