What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mmmmm. McD's is a hedonistic delight for breakfast. I love those danged hashbrowns.

I've been trying to eat a better breakfast lately. I've incorporated steel cut oats, yogurt and granola and hardboiled eggs on toast into my routine. I don't eat them all on the same day! Today is going to be oatmeal for breakfast. I might toss in some frozen berries to make it interesting.

I envy you your tender pears. All of the ones at the stores here are hard as rocks. I guess they don't get bruised in shipping. :ermm:

Some are hard and some are soft. Bartlett (I think) are the soft ones. Those are the green ones. Bosc pears are brown and they are the hard ones. Or is it the other way around. I can never remember. Someone help! I am having a senior moment. But whichever ones are in your market, and they are hard, then you want the other ones. Ask the produce manager if they wil be getting in the other ones. Different times of the year for each one to be harvested. I love pears.

I love most fresh fruit. Peaches with the juices running down my arms. When I worked the 4-H fair in Washington, I would wait for the peach truck to come in. They were still warm from the sun and had just been picked. I would take about four of them, find a corner and eat my fill. then I had to wash off all the jucies from my arms. I would have licked them if possible. :yum::yum:

SO made french toast this morning (using supermarket brand french toast bread). I made some bacon. Add real maple syrup, OJ and coffee to wash down the morning collection of pills and I'm a happy guy.

I got to thinking about weird breakfasts last night when I was falling asleep, and pondered the idea of peanut butter and onion sandwiches. I hear some people like them. I expect it was probably raw onions but I don't know...

So today I woke up and decided to have a toasted English muffin sandwich with a fried egg and peanut butter. I contemplated both fresh onions (sliced) or sauteed onions, but discarded the idea and just had the PB and fried egg on English muffin. It was good!

What do you think about adding either fresh onion slices or sauteed onions to my PB 'n fried egg muffin sandwich?

Not sure I would enjoy that combination in the morning. I love onions just don't think I could eat them for breakfast or with that combination.

I got to thinking about weird breakfasts last night when I was falling asleep, and pondered the idea of peanut butter and onion sandwiches. I hear some people like them. I expect it was probably raw onions but I don't know...

So today I woke up and decided to have a toasted English muffin sandwich with a fried egg and peanut butter. I contemplated both fresh onions (sliced) or sauteed onions, but discarded the idea and just had the PB and fried egg on English muffin. It was good!

What do you think about adding either fresh onion slices or sauteed onions to my PB 'n fried egg muffin sandwich?

I like to have pb on my toast when I eat my sunny eggs, and onions in with my homefries. But, never in that combo. I could probably give it a go by lunch time, but, not that early in the morning....

I love diced raw onions, peanut butter and cheese, grilled. We've had this discussion before when everyone thought I was nuts.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I love diced raw onions, peanut butter and cheese, grilled. We've had this discussion before when everyone thought I was nuts.

I prefer the term unique.:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom