What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like to have pb on my toast when I eat my sunny eggs, and onions in with my homefries. But, never in that combo. I could probably give it a go by lunch time, but, not that early in the morning....

I love diced raw onions, peanut butter and cheese, grilled. We've had this discussion before when everyone thought I was nuts.

I'm so glad I commented. I thought people were weird having PB 'n onions. I'm willing to explore new frontiers, to go where no man (or woman) has gone before...

RL, my breakfast is often 11 o'clock, almost lunch by most standards. Up to about a year ago I was a morning guy. I was usually up by 6 o'clock. Now I pretend to be asleep until at least 8, and drinking coffee and Internet takes most of my mornings until 10 or so.

So maybe I'm discussing lunch and calling it breakfast.

PF I'm going to try fried egg 'n peanut butter with either fresh onions or sauteed onions. If I like it then we can be co-nuts! :)

Who is to say what is unusual for breakfast. Go to a foreign country and eat your breakfast with the natives. :ermm:

I'm getting proficient at making Jack in the Box style Breakfast Jacks. The buns they use are firmer than the overly airy fluffy ones I buy at the store. Multi million dollar restaurant companies have vendors that make things like buns made to their exact specifications. My microwave egg cooker is soooo much better than using a metal ring to cook the eggs.

Last edited:
For the last 12 weeks, my breakfast has consisted of egg whites, turkey bacon, light whole wheat bread, oatmeal with skim milk topped with cinnamon and blueberries, baked sweet potato with a side of light cottage cheese and I feel incredible!!! I may have shedded a few pounds too! :)

I keep eating the same old thing--fresh eggs. Today's were poached on chopped kale (frozen from last year's harvest). I have stopped eating bread--I find it gives me gas.

For the last 12 weeks, my breakfast has consisted of egg whites, turkey bacon, light whole wheat bread, oatmeal with skim milk topped with cinnamon and blueberries, baked sweet potato with a side of light cottage cheese and I feel incredible!!! I may have shedded a few pounds too! :)

What do you do with the yolks?

(Don't tell me the yolk is on me...) ;)

I keep eating the same old thing--fresh eggs. Today's were poached on chopped kale (frozen from last year's harvest). I have stopped eating bread--I find it gives me gas.

It seems like wheat is being added to the long list of things we should avoid. I have cut way back myself and have noticed my life long "mystery" allergies are practically gone. But I haven't been able to cut it out all together.
As for breakfast....
Mmmm...home made greek yogurt is my morning staple lately. My poor hens. All their work for nothing!
Once and a while I make sweet potato hash and eggs. Oh my gosh.....Yeeum!

Just finished a great breakfast of steel cut oats & cranberry muesli...little dash of honey, a pinch of cinnamon...yum, yum...

I'm so glad I commented. I thought people were weird having PB 'n onions. I'm willing to explore new frontiers, to go where no man (or woman) has gone before...

RL, my breakfast is often 11 o'clock, almost lunch by most standards. Up to about a year ago I was a morning guy. I was usually up by 6 o'clock. Now I pretend to be asleep until at least 8, and drinking coffee and Internet takes most of my mornings until 10 or so.

So maybe I'm discussing lunch and calling it breakfast.

PF I'm going to try fried egg 'n peanut butter with either fresh onions or sauteed onions. If I like it then we can be co-nuts! :)
Co - Co nuts?

Brie, blue cheese, stoned wheat crackers and chocolate coconut kiss coffee

Special K cereal & a mini brown sugar/cinnamon bagel topped with brown sugar & butter mixture heated in oven to make caramel like & of coarse coffee. Anyone had the Savannah Bee Company coffee? I was able to buy a couple of bags on vacation last October only because 2 was all that was left. I love the stuff & last I checked it was not available on their website.

Heard on a Harvard ¿or Yale? medical program last Sunday that hydrogen sulfide helps prevent digestive tract cancer.
I have heard of the Harvard study on eggs. I believe since my hens eat a more natural diet than battery farm hens, the eggs are good for me <g>. There is a history of digestive tract cancer on my dad's side of the family....and yes, I had eggs again today for breakfast. But no bread.

Back
Top Bottom