"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 AM   #561
Master Chef

Coddled eggs, bacon, toast, and milk.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:50 PM   #562
Chef Extraordinaire

I ate way to much greasy food last night & have been suffering from a "food hangover" all day. I have stayed away from that stuff for 4 months & it hit me pretty hard. No breakfast today, only chicken noodle soup about 8 pm.

Old 08-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #563
Master Chef

from Scratch Buckwheat/wild blueberry pancakes with a couple slices of bacon. I do love whole wheat and buckwheat mixed together. These pancakes are so light, moist, and tender, yet carry such a great flavor. Add wild blueberries and some real maple syrup, or buckwheat honey and you find yourself singing that classic Sachmo tune; "What a Wonderful World.". I can hear Louie Armstrong's voice in my heat right now.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #564
Assistant Cook

Recently it's been pretty bland, constantly oatmeal since that's what the docs say I should be having...
Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #565
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I need a good Monte Cristo recipe. The ones that I have tried turned into a terrible mess. I'm usually pretty good following recipes, too.
Ask, and ye shall receive:

MONTE CRISTO (serving size 1/2 sandwich)
Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 8 slices Texas Toast bread
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1 lb Sliced ham
  • 1 lb Sliced turkey
  • box of toothpicks

Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk; stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth.

Lay out 4 slices of Texas Toast bread. Add ¼ of the ham, ¼ of the turkey, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and place slice of Texas Toast on top. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, corner to corner. Secure each sandwich half with several toothpicks.

Dip each sandwich half in batter to coat, allowing excess to run off before placing into the deep fryer. (I use a pair of teflon tongs to handle the sandwiches). DO NOT PLACE SANDWICH HALVES IN DEEP FRYER BASKET. THEY WILL STICK TO THE BASKET!

Deep fry for about 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Remove toothpicks, plate, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a huge dollop of strawberry preserves. Add a sliced strawberry or mixed berry salad if desired.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #566
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I made Bisquick drop biscuits last night, so breakfast this morning was sausage gravy on a hot buttered biscuit.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #567
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Ask, and ye shall receive:

MONTE CRISTO (serving size 1/2 sandwich)

Ingredients:
  • 1½ cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1½ cups milk
  • 8 slices Texas Toast bread
  • 4 slices of Swiss cheese
  • 1 lb Sliced ham
  • 1 lb Sliced turkey
  • box of toothpicks
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat eggs with milk; stir egg mixture into flour mixture until smooth.

Lay out 4 slices of Texas Toast bread. Add ¼ of the ham, ¼ of the turkey, and 1 slice of Swiss cheese, and place slice of Texas Toast on top. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, corner to corner. Secure each sandwich half with several toothpicks.

Dip each sandwich half in batter to coat, allowing excess to run off before placing into the deep fryer. (I use a pair of teflon tongs to handle the sandwiches). DO NOT PLACE SANDWICH HALVES IN DEEP FRYER BASKET. THEY WILL STICK TO THE BASKET!

Deep fry for about 3 minutes, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.

Remove toothpicks, plate, and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a huge dollop of strawberry preserves. Add a sliced strawberry or mixed berry salad if desired.
Sweet! And I'll bet you anything that I used the basket last time, when I was using an electric deep fryer.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #568
Chef Extraordinaire

Chobani pomegranite greek yogurt on top of a small pancake with a cup of coffee & 3 pieces of bacon.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #569
Senior Cook

I made a bacon and egg sandwich on toast with Miracle Whip, pepper, and garlic. Outstanding!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #570
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I made a special breakfast this morning. Just because.

It was breakfast hash made of bulk pork sausage, potato cubes, red bell pepper, red onion, banana pepper, garlic, and mixed herbs, topped with shredded cheese and poached eggs. We accompanied that with orange juice and coffee. We're stuffed.

Tags
baked goods, breakfast, eggs, oats, sausage, yogurt