What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We were at mom's this morning for breakfast. So we had her delicious homemade, buttermilk doughnuts, coffee & some banana bread & lemon poppy seed bread.. Why is it, everything always tastes better at mom's?

Heh! Guess who cooks when I am at Mom's...:rolleyes: First thing my Dad always says is, "Would you make some oatmeal?" doesn't matter what time of day I show up.

Steel cut oatmeal with maple sugar and dried banana chips. I really detest rolled oats for oatmeal, but steel cut oats are really nutty delicious and a whole different ballgame.

Homemade chive biscuits piled high with brown sugar peppered bacon, and Monterey Jack cheese. Yummers, tomatoe juice and coffee
kades

A one-skillet breakfast sausage McMuffin.

I toasted an English muffin and cooked a couple of sausages on opposite sides of my CI skillet then fried a cheese topped egg sunny side up in a biscuit cutter.

A couple of eggs with bacon & homemade honey wheat bread crusts, toasted, with pbj & an iced caramel latte.

Fresh Grapefruit (now that I can eat them again after 18 years, yeah!!)
Blueberry Fat Free Greek Yogurt
Coffee

I went 18 years with out and didn't think I would ever taste it again. Now I have to watch my vitamin K because of warifram. I can't win, I love greens.

Ah dang! Are you on a stable dose, yet? Nothing worse than the blood draws for monitoring it! I'd rather give up grapefruit! You can have mine.

Ah dang! Are you on a stable dose, yet? Nothing worse than the blood draws for monitoring it! I'd rather give up grapefruit! You can have mine.

I am still getting my blood checked. We are trying to get my dosage compatible with my diet. What a PITA
The Warafam is not a substitute for the Cardiziom. It is just a new drug. I am on a different BP drug.

Last edited:
I am still getting my blood checked. We are trying to get my dosage compatible with my diet. What a PITA
The Warafam is not a substitute for the Cardiziom. It is just a new drug. I am on a different BP drug.

Yes, it is a PITA, especially for the ghouls (me) that have to do the blood draws.:rolleyes: Seriously, I do not envy you with your new medication. I was able to give up two meds a year after my heart attack. Yay!!! I lucked out with a bionic heart...:)

Yes, it is a PITA, especially for the ghouls (me) that have to do the blood draws.:rolleyes: Seriously, I do not envy you with your new medication. I was able to give up two meds a year after my heart attack. Yay!!! I lucked out with a bionic heart...:)

Apparently I was born with Aortic Stenosis that got worse over the years. And the fact that I was in the hospital it was discovered. I feel like the heart attack possibly saved my life. My PA was only treating the symptoms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom