What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally, fresh greens from the garden (last season's Swiss Chard that overwintered), steamed, topped with two eggs (fried) fresh around 7:30 a.m., eaten at 8:00 a.m., and a glass of freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice. I love steamed greens topped with either poached or fried eggs. Bring on the summer gardening season!

We had bagel crack this morning. :LOL:

Our bagel guy makes the best bagels and I think he puts crack in them to get you hooked.

Had tons of coffee and donuts and friends at the plant sale this morning. Was up before dawn and helping set up. All of us wandering around like zombies. By the time our first customer showed up we had enough coffee running in our veins to charge an Army troop. We sold $7000 worth of plants in 4 hours, we made $3500 for our Relay team.

Had tons of coffee and donuts and friends at the plant sale this morning. Was up before dawn and helping set up. All of us wandering around like zombies. By the time our first customer showed up we had enough coffee running in our veins to charge an Army troop. We sold $7000 worth of plants in 4 hours, we made $3500 for our Relay team.
Wow! That's almost $900/hr/profit. I'd say that's a "repeat this one" fundraising activity.

Wow! That's almost $900/hr/profit. I'd say that's a "repeat this one" fundraising activity.

We've been having the plant sale for years and each year is bigger than the last. This year's half will be to buy next years plants. We did almost $2000 (net) more than last year. The two nurseries we purchase from donate half as much as we buy, so it comes out perfect for us.

I had a slice of toasted, buttered banana nut bread drizzled with honey and some Greek yogurt topped with sweetened diced strawberries and another drizzle of honey. Yummy.

Were they pot plants? That's quite the haul.

My daughter is trying to take care of her dad without turning me off. She is pushing probiotics as a follow up to my recent need for antibiotics. While out shopping I picked up an 8-pack of Activia to start off. She was pleased but wants me to go to pills.

I may, but for now, yogurt is art of my breakfast, along with bagels or waffles or eggs or English muffins or etc. Today it was French Toast.

My daughter is trying to take care of her dad without turning me off. She is pushing probiotics as a follow up to my recent need for antibiotics. While out shopping I picked up an 8-pack of Activia to start off. She was pleased but wants me to go to pills.

I may, but for now, yogurt is art of my breakfast, along with bagels or waffles or eggs or English muffins or etc. Today it was French Toast.

The yogurt is better than the pills. You should be fine.

I'm sure I go overboard when I take antibiotics, but I have a history of problems when taking them. Yogurt, Culturelle AND Acidophilous. Triple whammy.

And, it's easier to make a smoothie using yogurt than it is out of the pills. I tend to give my mother pre- and probiotics when I visit. She doesn't like yogurt, but I can her to drink buttermilk. Poor woman! I guess it might be a daughter's thing...

Last edited:
This was our breakfast, today...... scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, tater tots and wheat english muffins.

img_1140836_0_caa92b8425a39dda3df682fac924fdbe.jpg
I sure could of used this breakfast:yum: this morning. Nicely done.

Back
Top Bottom