What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I took myself to Denny's this morning, about 4 am. I had a Santa Fe Skillet, red skin potatoes, mushrooms, onions, red peppers, green peppers and chorizo, topped with two eggs. It was good. But, I know the next time I go it won't be the same. Our Denny's has a huge problem with consistency.

A Turkey sausage, egg & cheese biscuit from a local mom & pops restaurant, coffee And a butter biscuit which I quartered & shared (because these biscuits are 5 inches in diameter) with f.r.o.g. jam (fig, raspberry, orange,& ginger).

I'm cleaning out the fridge today since I'm running away to the farm until Friday or Saturday. I had a bit of leftover chicken breast from Sunday, part of a green pepper, onion, the last of a brick of Monterey jack, and of course, FRESH eggs. I sauteed the onion and green pepper, added the chopped up chicken, the eggs and cheese. It was very tasty. I don't think I've ever added cooked chicken to scrambled eggs before, I liked it (p.s., don't tell the girls).

Liquid breakfast, coffee!

On the rare occasion I do eat breaky, it's usually toast w/ nutella. Unhealthy, but good.. :)

silver dollar pancakes with banana , pecans and honey

This turned out pretty good...I don't eat breakfast a lot but when I do I enjoy it
AvDCsxCCMAAWHBd.jpg

That looks like an amazing breakfast!

I had the top off a frosted, leftover poppy seed muffin & coffee.

Once again, I had steamed Swiss Chard from the garden (this time, I had some beet greens added in), and 2 poached FRESH eggs, topped with some grated jalapeno pepper. I love this breakfast. I'll miss the chard when the garden is done in the fall.

Woke up late for work this morning. It was so overcast out it looked dark outside this morning. It made it to easy to punch tha alarm clock & go back to sleep. So, the daughter & I grabbed a toaster strudel for a quick breakfast today.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had a half jar of pickled herring and onions in wine sauce, and believe me it was hard stopping at that! with the herring i ate a couple of pieces of thick-sliced italian bread with sweet creamery butter....i don't give great odds for the rest of that herring lasting through the day.... :)

i had a half jar of pickled herring and onions in wine sauce, and believe me it was hard stopping at that! with the herring i ate a couple of pieces of thick-sliced italian bread with sweet creamery butter....i don't give great odds for the rest of that herring lasting through the day.... :)
+1 Pickled herring!

Back
Top Bottom