What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes it is certainly a taste you either love or hate I feel

Fiona, do you have it with cheese too...they really are the perfect combination ;)

Yes it is certainly a taste you either love or hate I feel

Fiona, do you have it with cheese too...they really are the perfect combination ;)

Usually on a hot, yeasty sourdough roll with butter. I also like it in a tomato tart, spread on the bottom crust, sliced tomatoes and onions, beaten eggs poured over and baked till firm, with some cheddar grated on top when it's baked and still hot. YUM!!!!!

2 poached eggs (duh!) on a bed of garden-fresh steamed kale, stir-fried wild-rice, br rice, barley with mushrooms and onion, a side salad, a handful of sweet cherries and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. The pic isn't great--the curtain created the shadow and I was hungry, so I ate first and then looked at the pic. This loading up in the morning is something I'm really enjoying. The DH commented that he wasn't hungry all day after eating the breakfast I made yesterday. He is a chronic "grazer" in the late afternoon.

Attachments

• CWS_June_27.jpg
    CWS_June_27.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 175
2 poached eggs (duh!) on a bed of garden-fresh steamed kale, stir-fried wild-rice, br rice, barley with mushrooms and onion, a side salad, a handful of sweet cherries and a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice. The pic isn't great--the curtain created the shadow and I was hungry, so I ate first and then looked at the pic. This loading up in the morning is something I'm really enjoying. The DH commented that he wasn't hungry all day after eating the breakfast I made yesterday. He is a chronic "grazer" in the late afternoon.
I could really go for that if I had a Virgin Mary with which to wash it down.

Last edited:
Kadesma, can I please ask what Ebelskivers are?
Of course, they are a light, puffy,round pancake. They can be a dessert, or a savory treat. You do need a special pan for them. The grand kids love them. I you need a pan or a recipe let me know.
kades

Thank you so much :)

They sound very tasty, we love pancakes, so yes please, I would love your recipe and if I could have a look at the type of pan you need too, that would be great :)

Oh, I love aebelskiver! Reminds me of a trip to Solvang CA years ago, we had them with lingonberry jam. :yum:

CWS, your breakfast looks very filling and delicious. Those eggs look absolutely, perfectly poached.

Back
Top Bottom