What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PrincessFiona60 said:
I had to teach myself to eat in the morning...not easy. I actually felt nauseous even thinking about food until I'd been awake for a few hours. But, my weight loss didn't start until I started eating breakfast.

I saw an episode of Dr. Oz a while back. Bear with me here. He had a traditional Indian Dr. on, who described 3 different body types, the Indian names for the body types, and the menus/ preferences that worked best for each. Mine actually happened to be the one who doesn't need breakfast, should eat lots of protein, and is generally tall, boy-shaped, with broad shoulders. Another body type does better eating carbs (am thinking the more curvy girls), with breakfast, and one other. It totally made sense to me!

Last edited:
I must be the other one...:LOL::LOL:

I still don't like breakfast, so I cook it once a week and just reheat it every morning. Coffee, Juice and Oatmeal. Rarely varies.

I had a cup of Chobani strawberry yogurt with some fresh blueberries mixed in, a couple of RyeKrisp crackers, and a glass of milk. :) I can't eat a huge meal in the morning, but do try to eat a substantial one.

I have had to force myself to eat breakfast. Like PF, some foods made my stomach turn (peanut butter before 11:30 a.m. is still one of those). The "turning point" for me was getting chickens and having fresh eggs available. I don't know why, but I think the "thrill" of having fresh eggs did it for me. And, I'm in my skinny jeans--because of a Dr. Oz episode where the person talked about the body waking up hungry--had to do with when hormones are regenerated, etc., and that made sense so I've been trying it. And, it is working. Mind you, I am not obese but am over 50 so wanted to make sure I didn't start gaining that belly fat weight one gains after menopause. And, my skinny jeans were uncomfortable--I've had those jeans for about 10 years, so they are my "scale."

Ugh--I'm stuffed-2 eggs on a bed of steamed swiss chard, brown rice cooked with onion, mushroom, parshnips, BC cherries, a glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.

staff breakfasts-

Attachments

• IMG_0591321.jpg
    IMG_0591321.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0595322.jpg
    IMG_0595322.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0617331.jpg
    IMG_0617331.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0620344.jpg